Droid and Wireless-N Router

Reaction score
I have a N-router. When I connect my droid to my network the speedtest results are not that much different than the results off of the 3G speed. I expected a significantly faster speed using my wi-fi at home vs. 3G.

Is it the type of router, or just that the phone is limited in speed. Last result using speedtest.net

Down: 1.63 mpbs
Up 1.08 mbps

using 3g:
down: .97
Up: .24

Result using my laptop:

So it just a difference in hardware capabilities or what?

Last edited:

therock

Reaction score
My wireless is 12.974 Mbps down and 1.127 Mbps up.
My 3g averages .400 Kbps or .4 Mbps up and down but my cell signal at home is adequate at best.

OP
Sweet Kitten Feet
Reaction score
That wireless speed is on your phone? Are you on an N-router or G, or what? See I was expecting speed closer to my laptop's speed.

???

Reaction score
mine sucks too on my N linksys but on a open network close by, i get like 6meg down. drives me nuts, but i don't think there's a fix for it.

around 1meg adv for 3g makes it easier thou

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
Same, I get 12mbps down at work, but at home with a linksys wireless N router I barely get 4-5 even though on my computer I get 32mbps down (road runner turbo).

Reaction score
its a phone. it doesnt go faster because you hook up to wifi that can send data faster. this aint magic folks...the phone can only process information/data so fast.

claustin

Reaction score
Still if you have a phone that is wireless G capable it should be able to get up to 54mb/s when connected to wireless. Obviously that's going to be bottlenecked by your actual service speed, but it should be significantly faster than 3G.