Possibly Moving from Droid X2 to Inc 2 Need info

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't think s off is reversible at this time even with the ruu, but I am not totally sure. It's definitely not reversible with an xtc clip. And there is no method to root gingerbread on Inc2 yet unless you use a xtc clip (hardware method). This phone is good stock though.

sent from my inc2

How does one send a phone to Verizon or Insurance if the S-off is OFF? With Motorola one can do a full flash and it restores it to total stock.

Hopefully the developers come up with a s-on back to stock method soon. The ruu should get you pretty close. I don't think Verizon cares though if you return a rooted phone. See this article http://www.droid-life.com/2011/06/1...ging-full-price-of-warranty-phones-if-rooted/. I would keep it unrooted for a while to make sure one is happy with the device anyways though.

sent from my inc2

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
I don't think s off is reversible at this time even with the ruu, but I am not totally sure. It's definitely not reversible with an xtc clip. And there is no method to root gingerbread on Inc2 yet unless you use a xtc clip (hardware method). This phone is good stock though.

sent from my inc2

How does one send a phone to Verizon or Insurance if the S-off is OFF? With Motorola one can do a full flash and it restores it to total stock.

Hopefully the developers come up with a s-on back to stock method soon. The ruu should get you pretty close. I don't think Verizon cares though if you return a rooted phone. See this article Verizon Begins Charging Full Price of Warranty Phones if Rooted? (Updated) - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog. I would keep it unrooted for a while to make sure one is happy with the device anyways though.

sent from my inc2

That is great news for VZW replacements. I will be and have been going through Asurian for replacements. They MAY care. I've got to root to replace the unlock/answer slide to ... screen. I need the normal Android lock/answer screen. As I said before I've had hell before with my Eris. It would pocket answer as the screen touched my leg as I am pulling the phone out of my pocket and it would answer the call. I'm looking to Flash CM7. As long as it has the HTC Camera (need the front facing camera for video and mic settings) and FM Radio (although I can get a market FM app) I'm ok.

Last edited:

RyanPm40

Reaction score
Considering the Dinc2 and TB are similar phones, I would assume they will develop a method of unrooting relatively soon since it's possible on the TB.

I haven't owned an X2 or Dinc2, but I have used both, and I definitely preferred the dinc2. Sense 2.0 Is just so customizable!

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
Considering the Dinc2 and TB are similar phones, I would assume they will develop a method of unrooting relatively soon since it's possible on the TB.

I haven't owned an X2 or Dinc2, but I have used both, and I definitely preferred the dinc2. Sense 2.0 Is just so customizable!

I got tired for the X/X2 with lagging and much more. It took my X over 3 minutes to fully boot up. Since it needed a boot up add on since the bootloader is locked.

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
Can one change the unlock/answer screen WITHOUT flashing a rom? The Slide to ...... caused problems when I had the Eris.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Can one change the unlock/answer screen WITHOUT flashing a rom? The Slide to ...... caused problems when I had the Eris.

Yes you can use widget locker from the market.

sent from my inc2

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score

Yes you can use widget locker from the market.

sent from my inc2

Got it on my X2. But it doesn't take over the call answer screen. Just the unlock screen

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
O yes right. I don't think you can change the answer screen lock. It has the vertical slider still.

sent from my inc2

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
O yes right. I don't think you can change the answer screen lock. It has the vertical slider still.

sent from my inc2

If I go to CM7 Rom Then it will be a horizontal slider. I just don't know If I can port the FM Radio and Camcorder app over.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea I am not sure if they are Sense specific or not

sent from my inc2

ABQNM

Reaction score

sent from my inc2

If I go to CM7 Rom Then it will be a horizontal slider. I just don't know If I can port the FM Radio and Camcorder app over.

You are discussing many things that require root. Yes the device is rootable, but only if you get it in hand with froyo. Asurion typically supplies refurbished devices. This means that the device will 99% have the newest updates installed, which means you will NOT be able to root (unless you have the clip, but that is hardware and permanent). Your chances of obtaining a device with froyo shipped on it are low.

That said, there is an article on RootzWiki with instructions to un-root and restore s-on. I have not done it as I am stuck on GB right now, so I have no root. There is no simple reinstall solution like the motorola sbf files. Those are just flash and go. Restoring on HTC is a little more complicated. http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php...tock-from-AlpharevX-INCREDIBLE-2-(vivow)-ONLY

The phone answer slider would definitely require another ROM.

I came to the dinc2 from a Droid X that was modified in every way possible. I had just had a few replacements for various hardware issues and they offered me a dinc2, so being a tech nerd, I took it (getting a bionic soon anyway). I miss root, but hopefully it won't be long before someone gets GB cracked. I do really like the dinc2 and my only complaint is that the signal strength is significantly lower than the DX.

Last edited:
OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score

sent from my inc2

You are discussing many things that require root. Yes the device is rootable, but only if you get it in hand with froyo. Asurion typically supplies refurbished devices. This means that the device will 99% have the newest updates installed, which means you will NOT be able to root (unless you have the clip, but that is hardware and permanent). Your chances of obtaining a device with froyo shipped on it are low.

That said, there is an article on RootzWiki with instructions to un-root and restore s-on. I have not done it as I am stuck on GB right now, so I have no root. There is no simple reinstall solution like the motorola sbf files. Those are just flash and go. Restoring on HTC is a little more complicated. How to restore to stock from AlpharevX INCREDIBLE 2 (vivow) ONLY

The phone answer slider would definitely require another ROM.

I came to the dinc2 from a Droid X that was modified in every way possible. I had just had a few replacements for various hardware issues and they offered me a dinc2, so being a tech nerd, I took it (getting a bionic soon anyway). I miss root, but hopefully it won't be long before someone gets GB cracked. I do really like the dinc2 and my only complaint is that the signal strength is significantly lower than the DX.

I got a new Inc 2 today from Asurian. It was running GB. :/ I just hope there is a way to root soon. That is FREE and REVERSIBLE at some point. I need Titanium Backup and lots of other root required apps. I HATE running Stock on HTC phones. Can't stand the Sense UI!

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am sure root for gb will come soon. Go launcher ex runs pretty well if you don't like sense.

Sent from my Inc2

ABQNM

Reaction score
I agree about GO Launcher. I use it and it is smooth and flawless. It never redraws except on boot and you don't even notice sense is there. The only annoying part is the crap running in memory, but it doesn't use any power until you use it so I wouldn't worry about it. With a lot running including GO Launcher and WidgetLocker, fb, twitter, 2 weather apps, etc. I still typically have about 200MB free ram, although if I could strip the bloat it would be more. It has not caused any issues though.

Oh and if you use GO Launcher, delete all widgets from the sense home screen and set your theme before you switch as you can't access those settings unless you are in the sense launcher.

Sent from my brain using human to phone transport technology.