possible way to know if reicepent viewed text?

corin6

Reaction score
I'm looking for an app, or maybe option somewhere, to know if my person has viewed my message via the default sms/text app the droid incredible comes with. Ive found apps that has this feature, but the problem is, its a completely different system of messaging. Such as, i have to make accounts to use the app and I can only interact with other people who use the app. What I'm exactly looking for (app wise, if this cant be solved within the phone) is something that either works along side with the default sms/text, or a new messaging app that works a long with the contacts with my phone. Simply an alternative app for text messaging that have additional features than the default one the phone comes with.

Tim K

Reaction score
I believe if you go into the SMS messaging app (where it lists all your texts/recipients) and hit Menu - choose settings. You can enable the phone to get delivery reports and read reports. I am not sure, but I don't think all carriers support cross-carrier reporting and read status. For some reason I recall getting "read" messages only from other Verizon users. I think receipts are available from all carriers, though I may be mistaken.