Possible to NOT save text history in contacts????

humpty1602

Reaction score
Is it possible to set up my X so that it does NOT save a text history in the contact list? That way when i delete a converstaion from my text messages it is gone for good and dont have to do a second delete?

wmscottmc

Reaction score
Is it possible to set up my X so that it does NOT save a text history in the contact list? That way when i delete a converstaion from my text messages it is gone for good and dont have to do a second delete?

I dont think this is possible, and it is a security issue IMO. Somebody gets hold of your phone will have text history for all of your contacts. And most users probably dont even realize this, and just assume that when a text thread is deleted that is really deleted from the phone.

Is there a way to at least clear all contact history at once, or do you need to go into every contact to remove the text history?

I wonder if 2.3 will resolve this issue?

mwshows

Reaction score
There is a way to clear all contacts history at once including text history. Go into your contacts and while viewing all contacts swipe to the right. You will see all contact hisory at that point. Then press your menu hard key and select clear history. Now all your contact history is deleted for all contacts. Hope that helps.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Madness

Reaction score
There is a way to clear all contacts history at once including text history. Go into your contacts and while viewing all contacts swipe to the right. You will see all contact hisory at that point. Then press your menu hard key and select clear history. Now all your contact history is deleted for all contacts. Hope that helps.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Thanks for the tips lol my parents woudl kill me