Clearing Txt message history?

mig991

Reaction score
How much space is this gonna take up after a while? This is something that needs to be fixed. Or the way to permanently DEL these messages is discovered.

Parasol

Reaction score
When you select Text Message, select the contact that you want to delete the conversation (at this point, you should see chat bubbles, the actual text). Then click the menu button and there should be a "Delete" button. This will delete all the messages on a "per contact" basis, rather than just wiping all messages with everyone.

To delete all of it, go back to the page that lists all your text contacts, click the menu button, click the button "Select multiple", and now at the bottom, it should have 2 buttons, Delete or Cancel.

And yes, it will still show up in the contact book, when you view their contact, there's actually 3 pages, if you swipe to the first page, it shows the history, whether you deleted it or not.

Hopefully Moto will fix this.

phatkat66

Reaction score
Considering the messages will say "unavaibable" if clicked on means its just a short cut like on the computer. Doesn't take much space at all and is more of an annoyance and hinders privacy.

phatkat66

Reaction score
When you select Text Message, select the contact that you want to delete the conversation (at this point, you should see chat bubbles, the actual text). Then click the menu button and there should be a "Delete" button. This will delete all the messages on a "per contact" basis, rather than just wiping all messages with everyone.

To delete all of it, go back to the page that lists all your text contacts, click the menu button, click the button "Select multiple", and now at the bottom, it should have 2 buttons, Delete or Cancel.

That will erase the actual text message, but it wont delete it from showing up in the Contact History

Parasol

Reaction score
My guess is the phone keeps a recorded log file of the text. I tried rebooting my phone, assuming it was a "RAM" thing, but it's still there.

phatkat66

Reaction score
There might just be a specific amount. Like the last 20 messages including messages from emails,text,calls, etc. Kinda like the "favorites" tab, it jus added ppl automatically that I never wanted to be there and I couldn't get rid of it. That sucks I dont want my messages being recorded like that.

OP
H

hoppie

Reaction score
OK so now that we have root on the DX..can someone figure out how to fix this issue?? Is there a log somewhere that holds this info that we can now clear?

phatkat66

Reaction score
Good thinking! Maybe one of the DX devs can think of a simple solution for us.

OP
H

hoppie

Reaction score
OK..here's a question..Now that Droid 2 with Froyo is out...anyone know if this txt history issue is a problem on that phone?? If not, maybe it will all be taken care of when the DX gets Froyo too....

Knockglock

Reaction score
Anyone find a fix this yet? This might make me strongly consider returning the phone.

OP
H

hoppie

Reaction score
Well I can tell you it is officially fixed in Froyo! I just installed the leak Froyo update for DX and you can now clear the TXT history..

Sidobeaph

Reaction score
Brand new and just jumping in, so forgive me if this is a bad/nonrelevant answer. After sliding to Contacts: History, you can 4-square it and display group - favorites. Now only people in your favorites show initially. Not so much a fix as it is a hide for us OCD freaks. I'd love to know the best way to get rid of those, if any.

Wall.E

Reaction score
With Froyo, on the Contacts > History tab, tap the text you want to delete, hit menu, then clear history.