Deleting contact history??

pionero

Reaction score
If I delete texts Ive received from a friend, John, John's texts still appear under CONTACTS - HISTORY. However, I cant seem to delete that contact history. Whenever I try to delete it, the only option I get is to delete the contact itself.

The history also shows any calls made or received to that contact.

Can someone please tell me how to delete it? Thanks.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If I delete texts Ive received from a friend, John, John's texts still appear under CONTACTS - HISTORY. However, I cant seem to delete that contact history. Whenever I try to delete it, the only option I get is to delete the contact itself.

The history also shows any calls made or received to that contact.

Can someone please tell me how to delete it? Thanks.

Can you tell me exactly how you get to this? I can't duplicate it. I have a D2 but it should have the same settings.

OP
P

pionero

Reaction score
Click on phone CONTACTS, once there, you have three screens you can scroll left/right through. HISTORY, A-Z and Status (As in their Facebook status.)

HISTORY is the screen im tring to clear out. Thanks.

OP
P

pionero

Reaction score
Can u be more specific? This is for the X. Where are u selecting MENU?

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Press your hard menu key (bottom row of buttons)...you should have an option there to clear history.

OP
P

pionero

Reaction score
Sorry I dont see an option for deleting history. Im new to this phone so you ll have to bare with me. Sorry

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Here you go...step by step...try this and see if it works...

1) Click the Contact Icon on the bottom right of the screen(torso shaped icon)

2) Go to the Contact you want to view/delete the History of...click their name..

3) When the Contact information screen opens up, scroll the contact window to the History page by scrolling 1 time left to right...you should see History pop up for a second, then see all of the conversations/calls to and from this contact to you.

4) Now, while this page is displayed, press the Hard Menu button on the bottom left of the phone(4 squares)...not anything on the screen.

5) A menu box should appear, and the top left menu option should be "Clear History" with a Circled "X" ....click it.

6) Another menu box should open now, a Clear History confirmation box asking "Are you sure you want to clear...etc"...click the "Clear" button in the box.

7) If the above is all done/work properly, you should now have a blank screen except for the words "No recent conversations"...meaning the history is cleared.

Try that and let us know if it worked...:)

erict

Reaction score
If you are still running firmware 2.1, the option too delete history is not there.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
If you are still running firmware 2.1, the option too delete history is not there.

That is what I am leaning towards as well...

OP - to check what version you are on, from your home screen go into settings (hard menu key, bottom button on left), scroll down to about phone, tap to open...look down the page a bit and you should see "android version"...what does it say there?

OP
P

pionero

Reaction score
You're right. There is no option to delete history. Im running version 2.1. I never updated cause I read the update was buggy.

Is it ok to update now? Should I?

Thanks for the help everyone

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
They are now releasing the software update to fix most of those issues in the 2.2 release...so if you update to 2.2, you will also be able to update to the fixes...

Good luck...

OP
P

pionero

Reaction score
Thanks. Where can I go to get the update?

OP
P

pionero

Reaction score
Guys. Thanks for all the help. Updated my phone and I cleared the contact history. Thanks so much.

Have a Happy Holiday!

T