possible to flash kernel in recovery?

OP
B

BuzzKillBob

Reaction score
i ran into a pretty big problem... during the restore process,it said "failed...unable to unmount system" and now im soft bricked but i have no way to add or remove files from the internal memory bcuz twrp doesnt allow for a mount usb storage... so it looks like im gonna have to ruu this sucker and do the process all over again...woo hoo...time to really lear how to use adb(gotta learn sometime)
i will keep watch on this thread in case there is something you may be able to add to the situation to help or comment on

p.s. my phone is my only form of internet whatsoever... i had the big V re activate my resound(rooted and rommed) so i can tether to get the ruu files and whatever else i may need...

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
i ran into a pretty big problem... during the restore process,it said "failed...unable to unmount system" and now im soft bricked but i have no way to add or remove files from the internal memory bcuz twrp doesnt allow for a mount usb storage... so it looks like im gonna have to ruu this sucker and do the process all over again...woo hoo...time to really lear how to use adb(gotta learn sometime)
i will keep watch on this thread in case there is something you may be able to add to the situation to help or comment on

p.s. my phone is my only form of internet whatsoever... i had the big V re activate my resound(rooted and rommed) so i can tether to get the ruu files and whatever else i may need...

if you still have twrp
1 dl this and unrar it http://omniimpact.com/android/roms/myfishbear/Droid DNA/DNA_Hackpack_with_adb.rar
2 place rom in the folder
3 go into twrp
4 connect phone via usb cable
5 click on advanced
6 click adb sideload
7 check clear cache and the other box as well
8 swipe
9 make a cmd prompt in the folder by rt clicking and holding shift
10 in the prompt type
adb sideload rom.zip (replace rom.zip with the name of the rom file)
11 reboot

OP
B

BuzzKillBob

Reaction score
if you still have twrp
1 dl this and unrar it http://omniimpact.com/android/roms/myfishbear/Droid DNA/DNA_Hackpack_with_adb.rar
2 place rom in the folder
3 go into twrp
4 connect phon via usb
5 click on advanced
6 click adb sideload
7 check clear cache and the other box as well
8 swipe
9 make a cmd prompt in the folder by rt clicking and holding shift
10 in the prompt type
adb sideload rom.zip (replace rom.zip with the name of the rom file)
11 reboot

ok,doing that now

OP
B

BuzzKillBob

Reaction score
i cant seem to find a stock rom for 1.5 or whatever the previous build was...would you by chance have a link for one? i seen one on xda but cant find it for the life of me...

edit: i really need to get this backup restored,it has some things in it that i kinda really need

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
OP
B

BuzzKillBob

Reaction score
just got the rom downloaded...while i waited,i decided to do some button pushing... i tried to restore again and it said "unable to extract tar archives"... but im trying you method as soon as i click the reply button to this post

OP
B

BuzzKillBob

Reaction score
umm...im scared now... i did what u said with the adb sideload and got this

C:\Users\XXXXXX\Downloads\Hack Pack>adb sideload stockdna.zip
adb server is out of date. killing...
* daemon started successfully *
* failed to write data 'protocol fault (no status)' *

so...what now grand wizard?

EDIT: reluctantly,i reboot the phone,and im now up and running with software number 1.15.605.4 71ord and kernel 3.4.10-dsb9938.cubed.dna.stock.system.write dsb9938@bulidbox#1 smp preempt...so something worked right...should i try the restore now that ive downgraded?
EDIT AGAIN: wifi is broken,tried to turn on so it could use my resound hotspot but just sits says "turning wifi on" <--trying to provide as much info as possible

OP
B

BuzzKillBob

Reaction score
i restored JUST the data and i now have what i needed. my face hurts from grinning so hard :D:icon_ banana::D:icon_ banana::D:icon_ banana::D:icon_ banana: myfishbear,you are the shiz man... a thousand internets to you my friend... thank you a thousand more times...i think i got the rest (i think) lol

OP
B

BuzzKillBob

Reaction score
Woohoo. Back on my dna,WiFi works,Rom works,got all my texts,contacts,and home launcher exactly as before and its all thanks to you myfishbear. Much appreciated ten thousand times over