possible to flash kernel in recovery?

BuzzKillBob

Reaction score
Like title says,I'm wondering if its possible to dl a kernel,then just boot in recovery and flash a .zip file that way... I really only use adb when I have to. I'm lazy like that.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
No just us pesty cats.

If it's not HD it might as well be a newspaper.

OP
B

BuzzKillBob

Reaction score
I am now s-off. I like the stock set up but I'm wanting to take the ota w/o losing unlock,root,and s-off.

dhemke17

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
If you are still completely stock besides recovery and having superuser, you can put the stock recovery back, select unroot in settings of superuser app and take the ota...then reflash custom recovery reflash supersu zip file

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
yeah but you loose s-off and you bootloader unlock if you do it that way. already made that mistake and had to ruu the original version. then re root, re unlock, soff it again, flash the new kern in fastboot, flash the radio in fastboot, then reflash recovery, then wipe my data and system and install a updated rom to get the update and all the perks(my rom is based off the update when i had s-on and did that upgrade)

dhemke17

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Yea....you definitely don't lose s off or your bootloader unlock... That is the exact way I did it. The ota didn't update the bootloader

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Yea....you definitely don't lose s off or your bootloader unlock... That is the exact way I did it. The ota didn't update the bootloader

ok lol I guess I'm wrong... Well I didn'thave soff when did the ota and couldn't achieve it with the update and had to ruu and soff it on original firmware then I applied the parts of the ota I wanted.

OP
B

BuzzKillBob

Reaction score
Ok...so I got the kernel flashed and now my hotspot is broken. :( did I do something wrong?

OP
B

BuzzKillBob

Reaction score
I think I got it. I'm using the Rom and kernel from your dl page.

OP
B

BuzzKillBob

Reaction score
Or maybe not. Hotspot is still broken. Says it turns on but nothing recognizes it. Not my pc,ps3,or my resound.

OP
B

BuzzKillBob

Reaction score
I'm also getting the occasional screen flicker as another user stated in another post. I'm looking into the problem but not finding much in the way of a solution.