Possessed Droid

Hanoverfiste

Reaction score
Okay I have seen where people are having problems with after market chargers and their Droids acting like they are possessed. Well mine is doing it even when it is not charging. Has anyone else seen this? Yes I am rooted and I was running DE for Froyo when it started went back to Darkedge for 2.1 and I am still having the same issues. Thought it may have been the kernel (Chevy 1.1 LV) but that didnt seem to matter.

Called Verizon they are offering me a replacement, they told me to look to see if the phone had gotten wet and I have a white "x" on a red backround she explained that it would have been the other way around if it had gotten wet. My phone has never gotten wet, ever. Anyone know what may cause this??

bje1982

Reaction score
Okay I have seen where people are having problems with after market chargers and their Droids acting like they are possessed. Well mine is doing it even when it is not charging. Has anyone else seen this? Yes I am rooted and I was running DE for Froyo when it started went back to Darkedge for 2.1 and I am still having the same issues. Thought it may have been the kernel (Chevy 1.1 LV) but that didnt seem to matter.

Called Verizon they are offering me a replacement, they told me to look to see if the phone had gotten wet and I have a white "x" on a red backround she explained that it would have been the other way around if it had gotten wet. My phone has never gotten wet, ever. Anyone know what may cause this??

A white x with a red backround? It should be a white backround with red x's if its not wet, and if it has gotten wet then it would be solid red..

Edit: sorry misread. I have had a couple people that used aftermarket chargers have there droid possessed even when not charging. You could try a factory reset after you back everything up and see if the problem persists.

gaggil

Reaction score
I had the same problem with my Droid.

If I tried to send a text the Droid would type all kinds of characters by itself. The phone would open up apps and scroll by itself.

Verizon sent a replacement and it works great.

I was told the digitizer in the screen went bad.

I do use a third party car charger and the new phone has no problems with it. I also used it with my original droid for months before the problems occurred.

My problems were occurring both when charging and without charging.