Droid won't charge or load HELP!!!

Caligirl125

Reaction score
I have the first Droid phone. My battery went dead last night. I tried to use the wall charger and got nothing. It is currently plugged into my computer and when I hit the power button it says:

Bootloader
2C.7C
Battery Low
Cannot Program

It has been sitting on the charger for an hour. I took the battery out, left it out for a few minutes and put it back in and nothing is happening. It hasn't gotten wet or anything like that, the battery just went dead. What do I do??

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Are you using the wall charger that came with your Droid or a replacement? You really need to plug it into the wall and let it sit for 2-3 hours. It will charge better than with your computer. The key though is to let it sit while charging and do nothing with it. I think after you charge it via the wall for 2-3 hours you will see that it will start working again.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Put it on the wall charger and walk away from it for 4 hours.

OP
C

Caligirl125

Reaction score
Why is it doing this? I have had so many problems with this stupid phone.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Do a battery pull, let it sit for thirty seconds, then plug it back into a wall charger or car charger rated at at least 700mAh. Now let it sit for at LEAST an hour, preferably two to three, before doing ANYTHING to it. See if that helps. If not, you may need a new battery. You can get a generic on eBay or Amazon for around $10 delivered, even less sometimes, and I've seen reports of two batteries and an external charger delivered for around $15.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
You probably ran the battery down really low, and kept trying to boot the phone. Each time you try to start the phone, you drain the battery a bit more. Lithium Ion batteries dont like being dained completely, which is why the phone shuts itself off at a low battery.

Give it awhile on the wall charger, and you'll be fine.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
However, if something happened to the phone and you can't boot once you've charged the battery (and if you have a friend with a Droid 1/2/X you can borrow a pre-charged battery to test) you may need to do some work on it. We'll happily help if this is the case.

Out of curiosity, what kind of problems have you had?

droidzforlife

Beta Alpha Delta Omega 3!
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Very Very Stupid Droid NEWB.

I have a similar issue... My battery died while flashing a new rom. The battery was low when I was attempting to do this but I assumed it would be fine if I left it on the charger as I flashed? I was wrong. It seems that the phone doesnt charge when you are in the recovery menu. So now my phone just boots to the "M" when I plug the charger in and doesnt seem to be charging. So my question is, If this Droid 2 needs to be booted up or whatever to charge then my only option is to buy another battery and sbf it from there right ? Or maybe even use my old MyTouch battery and hook some wires from the according posts to the droid's according post's ?

droidzforlife

Beta Alpha Delta Omega 3!
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
I had left it on the charger over night but it was not accepting a charge. I got it fixed now though! I had to do some ghetto rigging and cut the end off a old micro usb charger and attach the according wires directly to the battery for about 30 mins. After that I was able to flash a .vbf file and boot up normally....

THANKS FOR YOU ASSISTANCE DROID FORUMS.net community !