Positive experience so far with 2.3.4 ota update...

litetaker

Reaction score
I listen to a LOT of music on my phone. I bought a 16GB card from Costco for $21 and that seemed to help the skipping a bit, the 2.3.4 update helped it even more. I say helped because I still get a few skips here and there. I came to VZW from T-Mobile on a Mytouch 4G and it had music skipping issues too, about as much as I see on my X2. It's now occasional and only when I use a wired headset (my stereo BT headset doesn't skip).

On a 3 hour road trip last week I only counted 3 music skips down and back (6 hours of drive time with a wired connection to my stereo). That's on par with what I saw with the MT4G and other Android phones I had on T-Mobile. Before the update it was much worse and much more noticeable. On the same trip I had dozens of skips before I got the update (everytime an e-mail, text, or IM came it my phone would skip).

So I would say that if you are having more skips then seek a replacement phone.

I have the default Memory card (8 GB) that the phone came with. Do you think that music skips are because of that? By the way, the memory card's access speed is very slow. That is, whenever I transfer media, like Music or Movies from my Computer onto my Motorola's external SD card it transfers at best at 1-2 MBps... Which is very slow, in my opinion. So, in light of this, is my music skipping due to the memory card. If so can I get it replaced or what SD card do you suggest me to buy?

Alcapwn89

Reaction score
Did you try doing a factory reset after the update?

Sent from my liberated X2.

Yes, I've actually both factory-reset it and SBF'ed the 2.3.4 update. Neither solved my random reboots; and it's not like im running any crazy apps or rooted either. Just normal apps like facebook, twitter etc.

I see you have an X2; do you have random reboots? Are you running stock or a custom ROM? I'm debating on if I should go down to Verizon and request a replacement phone.

WookieClaws

Reaction score
I have the default Memory card (8 GB) that the phone came with. Do you think that music skips are because of that? By the way, the memory card's access speed is very slow. That is, whenever I transfer media, like Music or Movies from my Computer onto my Motorola's external SD card it transfers at best at 1-2 MBps... Which is very slow, in my opinion. So, in light of this, is my music skipping due to the memory card. If so can I get it replaced or what SD card do you suggest me to buy?

The memory card that came with my X2 was a class 4, and the 16GB card I got was also a class 4. I have to say that I noticed faster speeds transferring on the 16GB card (I copied my 8GB card to my HD, and then copied it back onto the new 16GB card and it took less time).

I bought a sandisc 16GB card, but I always stick to name brands. If I remember right the 8GB that came out of it was a name brand too so go figure. I didn't think the 16GB card would make a difference, but someone else with an X2 mentioned it on the forums too so it made me things there might be something there.

litetaker

Reaction score
I am currently on my Droid x2, listening to music streaming and using the browser and email, etc and using droidforums app as well. I notice many many glitches in the music (loads of stuttering). And the keyboard is a bit slow once in a while.

@above: You previously mentioned that you had just about 3 glitches in the music in a 6 hour drive. During that time, were you using your phone heavily or you just let it idle and play music? I want to know if you experience significant stutters while using the phone heavily. If you don't experience that then, I really shouldn't suffer like this. I will get the phone replaced.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

zentech

Reaction score
Yes, I've actually both factory-reset it and SBF'ed the 2.3.4 update. Neither solved my random reboots; and it's not like im running any crazy apps or rooted either. Just normal apps like facebook, twitter etc.

I see you have an X2; do you have random reboots? Are you running stock or a custom ROM? I'm debating on if I should go down to Verizon and request a replacement phone.

I too am running stock 2.3.4 and have a random reboot almost everyday. Nothing special going on here, just a few apps and some games.

BrendonSF

Reaction score
Happy to report that long at last, I am satisfied with this phone thanks to 2.3.4. It's not perfect, but no andriod phone is. It only took Motorola 3 months after release to get this phone operating on an acceptable level. Pretty sure that's a new record.

illkasta

Reaction score
I used to get random reboots everyday until I rooted my phone, flashed molten, and tweaked the settings. 1 random reboot since then.. month ago.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums