Portable USB charger?

katsuru

Reaction score
Hello every1

I am looking for a Portable USB charger, that could be charged at home and then used to recharge my battery.

I checked the solar charger mentioned somewhere in this forum, the problem is i live in germany, and Sun is something we dont really have during 9 months every year lol..

I am looking for this for the simple fact i will have to travel a lot with Train since my GF will be working a year long 200km away from here. So i had in mind, i could play some emulators while traveling with train using my Wii remote and a ezeStand to hold my Droid/Milestone.

I hope someone could recommend me a good charger;)

I also had in mind buying a second battery and a wall charger so i could have a backup battery in case the main one goes empty, but that would imply switching batteries and i would like to avoid that. :icon_ banana:

Best regards

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't have any experience but there was a thread on the Zagg Sparq at the top of this very forum (granted, threads move based on activity) that you might want to look at as well as others.

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
What will you be plugging it in to? A laptop i'm presuming. I use one a rectractable one, just google shopping search micro usb retractable. It does charge the phone, and it is small when retracted, but it can't compare to using a wall charger as it, along with any other one that is plugged into a usb port will only supply a max of 500ma and probably much less. While the factory charger supplies 850ma. So if you are doing anything that really drains the battery like; playing games, using bluetooth (the wii remote), or wireless tethering, i find that i still drain the battery while it is plugged into usb, because it cant supply more power than you are using. So using one it would drain the battery slower, but it will still die eventually.

jimbo1mcm

Reaction score
Motorola has one

Motorola has a rechargeable plug in that has a mini usb, with an adapter that turns it into a microusb. You charge it up and take it with you. I think it has pretty close to the same amount of energy as the normal battery.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
I bought one of These Justmobile Gum pro
from amazon you just take your usb charger and plug it right in.... its worked pretty well so far but there are a few on the market to try out... goodluck

renthorin

Reaction score
I use the "Juicebar". It can be recharged either from the sun or via USB from a computer or wall charger.