POP Email Switcheroo

AllFallsApart

Reaction score
I've had at least 3 instances of a VERY strange problem using the POP email client on my Droid. I'm trying to find out if the issue is with the Droid, my connectivity or my email server. If you have experienced anything similar, please let me know.

1) I have 2 POP accounts I access on my Droid. One is for work, and one is my personal email. They are both hosted on the same email server (SmarterTools on a dedicated server). Last week, I'm checking my email and see an email on my work account, that says its from a co-worker. I open it, and it's a job finder alert I normally receive on my personal account. My co-worker never sent this to me.

2) I checked my Sent mail folder and found an email sent to my son, from me on my personal account, but reading the email is was simply an exchange between two entirely separate people in a mailing list I'm subscribed to.

3) Today, I responded to an email sent from a co-worker, and copied my boss on it. Instead of sending the email I had just typed out, my co-worker and my boss received an email I sent 4 MONTHS AGO saying I was in Orlando at a trade show. Needless to say I received a "WTF" phone call from both of them within minutes.

If anyone can confirm they've had the same issues, I'd appreciate it. That would help me narrow down the problem. Right now I cannot trust my Droid for email.

Thanks,

Derrick

12lives

Reaction score
Switcheroo

Mine has done the same thing in the last few days. It is pulling old emails and sending them to any contact it has chosed! Help!

OP
A

AllFallsApart

Reaction score
I solved this by downloading and installing K9 Email client from market. Much, much better. No switcheroo issues.

JayhawkSteve

Reaction score
Nobody should be using the stock Email app on the droid. Use k9.

Agree after downloading it. Went searching for help on why the stock Email app all of a sudden quit letting me push my Road Runner email to the phone. I correctly entered my pop and smtp servers, my username and password, only to give me a variety of error messages.

The K-9 app allowed the Moto Droid to begin receiving a stream of emails to the inbox before I could even configure the outbound settings!

Thanks to all here on the forum for recommending I look at this free app! Solved my problem.