POP Email shows up on Bionic even after being deleted off my PC

DogPaw

Reaction score
I had several pop accounts set up on D1 and they worked perfectly. If I deleted mail on my PC it removed them from the D1 as well. With the Bionic I have all of my mail listed that I had already deleted that morning on the PC. I must be missing a sync setting or something. Any ideas?

OP
DogPaw

DogPaw

Reaction score
I wonder why this worked so well on D1?

orangetj

Reaction score
I wonder why this worked so well on D1?

Ditto.

Worked perfect on the D1 for me as well.

Once the email was off the server, next time I refreshed the email on the D1, it disappeared from the D1.

The Bionic gets the email from the server, and that is it, and it stays there until it's manually deleted.

On the D1 it was as if the D1 would talk back to the server and compare what it had vs. what was on the server, and dump everything from it's email box that was no longer on the server.

JRParsons

Reaction score
On my thunderbolt, I open the pop 3 account hit settings - send and receive settings then check sync items on server. This deletes the read messages from my phone on each sync. I used to have my older phones set up that way, but I've found that with so much memory available there is no need to have them delete. I actually really like having a back up copy on my phone, there have been times that I'm on the road and I have to answer a question about an email I had received and I usually have a copy with me. Just this morning I was asked by my wife what cheering uniform my daughter had to wear and I had the coaches email with me. (Just an example, I know none of you give a sh%&t about my daughter's cheering)
These settings may be similar to the Bionics, hope you are all loving your new phone. I tried one out at the Verizon store and it seemed really cool. If I was running something a little older I would be all over it. But can't justify full retail for the slight increase in technology.
Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

baniels

Reaction score
Do you have IMAP enabled on the server? That might be worth trying and forget POP altogether.

OP
DogPaw

DogPaw

Reaction score
I am using Godaddy and becuase I have over 26 emails, different sites on dedicated server, it is not practical to add IMAP. I spoke to Godaddy and I would have to set up several unlimited email accounts so I would not loose any of my email addresses. I am now thinking about loading K9 or perhaps seeing if the D1 email client will work on the Bionic. I really like the new look of the Bionic email program, finally got "delete all feature", but I cannot go through 60 emails every mornig, delete 50 off my PC and then have to figure out which ones to delete off the Bionic. I only have my top 4 email accounts on the Bionic. I even tried turning off the "fetch schedule" and I am still getting the deleted emails on the Bionic from my PC. Does anybody have any other workarounds or have tried K9?

Thanks!

Last edited:

anorman

Reaction score
I use IMAP on my server, and thought I found the same problem.. Turns out that the Bionic email client appears to have an interesting bug, in that it doesn't actually sort the emails by date/time, but rather by time alone.. Turns out, I couldn't find the email in my desktop email client because the email was 2 days old.

My bionic showed the email was recently 'received', yet I could not find it in my desktop client.. I scrolled thru my emails in my desktop client, and that email was in fact 2 days old, yet on my bionic it appeared like it was a current email...