Poor battery life

TBouds

Reaction score
When I first installed P3's GB + root my X2 ran great! However over the last few days I've noticed my battery life has been getting worse. I haven't made any changes to my phone use habits and the main drain according to my phone is phone idle at 40%.. any ideas as to what is happening and/or how to fix it?

P.s. sorry of this was already touched on I'm at work and didn't have much time to use the search function.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

ELH

Reaction score
Flip a coin, about half claim to have solved this with a factory reset / wipe storage followed by a manual application reinstall (yuck). The other half are still scratching their heads. Of the half that claim to have solved it, many appear shortly after with a recurrence.

Mine has the same issue but the overall battery life is the same or better than Froyo. I suspect that folks are looking at phone idle when they should be looking elsewhere.

Airtoy

Reaction score
I have found if i am in a location with spotty coverage the phone battery will drain very quickly...phone also said 40%-50% idle. It took several low batteries before I caught what was happening.

densetsu86

Reaction score
I read that there is a work around for this and its easy. When you take your phone off the charger reboot it and you should get better battery life. Apparently there is a glitch in the idle process that goes mad when you unplug your phone from your charger (or when hooked to your laptop) and causes the processor to keep on going there cycles like mad and overall drains your battery. But it you reboot it basically stops that glitch giving you a better life. The issue is you have to do this everytime you unplugged from your charger or your computer.

I was getting 6-8hrs after gb but when I found this out I have been getting back to 12 hours at minimum. And this is with listening to music for 3-4 hrs on internet for about an hr and watching about an hr of video with about 8hrs idelling with some txting.

So try it out and see if that works. Today I took my phone off the charger and rebooted it at 8am by time 3 pm rolled around I was at 80% and that was with 2hrs of music playing.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums