Pocket Legends Beta now Available for Android

Inkarnit

Reaction score
Recommendation: Play while plugged in and with good data connection or wifi.

I can see where being in low signal area could cause problems playing. My phone heated up to over 100 degrees playing it for just 15 minutes and drained some good battery. Not a big deal if I'm plugged in at home connected to my wifi with a 25 Mbps internet :) Seems fun so far though. Got my enchantress (Pretty dumb that I have to be a girl to use magic) to level 2, almost 3.

OP
danDroid

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here are a couple more screen caps:

PL_Android_Cheer.jpg

PL_Android_Laugh.jpg

PL_AOE_Attack.jpg

PL_Forest_Haven.jpg

Darkseider

Reaction score
Recommendation: Play while plugged in and with good data connection or wifi.

I can see where being in low signal area could cause problems playing. My phone heated up to over 100 degrees playing it for just 15 minutes and drained some good battery. Not a big deal if I'm plugged in at home connected to my wifi with a 25 Mbps internet :) Seems fun so far though. Got my enchantress (gay that I have to be a girl to use magic) to level 2, almost 3.

The game does suck down the juice that's for sure. My Droid at 900 Mhz runs at a constant 42c when playing. Other than being a power hog it sure is a cool game. Oooh and the Eagle with the bow rocks! You can kite enemies EASY with him.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Downloading now and if it produces what it says to offer, I am never getting any work done at work again.

ninjachico

Reaction score
Every time it gets to the installing phase it says its unsuccessful. I have plenty of Space (Droid X)
tried rebooting, removing battery reboot and also unmount SD card

any ideas please?

Beardface

Reaction score
Thank god for Bugless Beast... got this guy installed on my SD Card. Does look like it sucks power a bit, but its still a Beta, so thats to be expected...

Never got into World of Warcraft, and initially, this looks like a mobile version of it. Gonna try it out for a little while and see what happens.

jayman350

Reaction score
played it for about 10-15 minutes and my phone heated up to around 115 deg F!! I could feel it getting hotter and hotter, I almost hit my setcpu temp limiter profile (set at 120 deg). I've never gotten that hot that fast. I think I've seen it up that high maybe once or twice after playing Homerun Battle 3D for like an hour.

not my type of game anyways, I'll stick with Angry Birds to kill massive amounts of time.

Inkarnit

Reaction score
I got to 123.8 degrees (51.0 C) and down to 20% battery WHILE PLUGGED IN, granted via USB. SetCPU is set to 52.1 C, so it almost went into cooldown mode lol. Guess I'm taking a forced break for now :) Got up to level 6 though. Fun game.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Every time it gets to the installing phase it says its unsuccessful. I have plenty of Space (Droid X)
tried rebooting, removing battery reboot and also unmount SD card

any ideas please?

If you plug in or launch the game while plugged into the charger on your computer, it crashes and stays crashed until you reboot. I had to plug into an outlet adn not my computer, even if I had it set to USB charging. Also, USB Debugging killed it too

The game is fun. Simple. the latency is amazing low for being on 3G. I was at 200ms. I don't like that when you go to a new zone, you automatically party with other people. I zoned into a new area and finished two quests without moving. Other people's kills/finds finished my quests. Also, if everyone gets the same loot, its kind of pointless don't ya think. Everyone just has the same stuff.

My DX gets pretty hot playing it. Its always at the speaker area. I can only assume its the battery getting hot. Frankly, not cool. That will kill my battery in no time.

The concept is cool and I may play it from time to time, but no where near as much as I am sure they want you too. I'll stick to Angry Birds for now.