Please tell me I didn't brick my phone.

tgrillot87

Reaction score
So I've been playing around with Roms all day long. I just installed kangerade from rom manager through the customizer. After installing, I restored my apps using titanium backup. This caused my previous wallpaper to be put back on the screen. But when I tried to change it, I found that I couldn't. So I went back to the kangerade customizer and intalled just the background I wanted. Big mistake. Now my phone won't boot into recovery, and when it boots into android it shows the lock screen with a blank background and it says no service at the top. When I try to unlock it, it freezed and reboots. Please god help me.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So I've been playing around with Roms all day long. I just installed kangerade from rom manager through the customizer. After installing, I restored my apps using titanium backup. This caused my previous wallpaper to be put back on the screen. But when I tried to change it, I found that I couldn't. So I went back to the kangerade customizer and intalled just the background I wanted. Big mistake. Now my phone won't boot into recovery, and when it boots into android it shows the lock screen with a blank background and it says no service at the top. When I try to unlock it, it freezed and reboots. Please god help me.

It is not bricked....First how is Battery life.. if you cannot get it to boot into recovery try a battery pull. then boot up while holding X if that does not work RSD will for sure fix it..

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you can't get into recovery and can't get your phone to boot and run correctly then RSD Lite is your only choice. You haven't bricked your phone so don't worry.

OP
T

tgrillot87

Reaction score
Thanks guys. But get this: as soon as I plugged it into USB it booted properly. Not really sure why but I'm posting this from my phone. I really appreciate it and ill remember rsd before I freak out in the future.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. But get this: as soon as I plugged it into USB it booted properly. Not really sure why but I'm posting this from my phone. I really appreciate it and ill remember rsd before I freak out in the future.

Make sure to boot into ROM Manager and flash SPRecovery, and if your ok with the fact that this can happen again, then flash clockwork.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is a common occurrence lately after flashing some roms. I recommend flashing Clockwork after you first flash a rom. It seems like some roms (Froyo based?) screw up clockwork after being flashed.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
if you can not get in recovery try flashing sprecovery using terminal emulator first then if no luck rsdlite. but im confident in the terminal emulator trick