PLEASE HELP with pictures & SD Card

onlyonelucy

Reaction score
Ok, so a few days ago my Incredible wiped out ALL the contacts. Verizon sent me another one. When I put my SD Card in the new one, I noticed that there was only 1 photo. All the other 300+ were saved to the phone (which I still have). How can I put the memory card in the old phone and transfer them from the phone to the card so I can have them in my new phone? Thanks!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok, so a few days ago my Incredible wiped out ALL the contacts. Verizon sent me another one. When I put my SD Card in the new one, I noticed that there was only 1 photo. All the other 300+ were saved to the phone (which I still have). How can I put the memory card in the old phone and transfer them from the phone to the card so I can have them in my new phone? Thanks!

Photos are not saved to the phone. They are saved on the SD card.

I don't know why it doesn't work on your Inc, all I can do is tell you to put the SD card on your old phone, mount it to your computer and look for your pictures. If they are still there you will see them. They are not on the phone.

Well, that's the way I think it should work. It's an Incredible maybe something different. Try it and see if you can see them.

By the way. Your contacts are backed up in gmail. It's a google phone.

OP
O

onlyonelucy

Reaction score
Bill, my contacts were supposed to be backed up by my gmail but guess what? They weren't. Verizon even logged into my gmail and they couldn't find the contacts either. They were confused. Anyway, the photos ARE stored on the phone because when I got the droid they didn't set it up to go to SD card so when I moved the card to the replacement phone, they weren't there. Verizon told me they were on the phone too. They're really starting to tick me off ! :mad:

slimpee82

Reaction score

I am having the same problem as well. The default setting for the Dinc is to store the photos and videos on the phone. I switched that setting in the camera app for future pictures, but would love to transfer all my existing pictures and videos to my SD. Any advice?

rsstucky

Reaction score
How did you switch your camera setting to save pics to the SD card? I don't find a "settings' option in the camera menu.

slimpee82

Reaction score
How did you switch your camera setting to save pics to the SD card? I don't find a "settings' option in the camera menu.

Open camera, click slider bar that brings down options to switch between camera and video, click settings tab on bottom left and select the "storage" option. That is how I did it on my Dinc. Hope this helps.