Please help to UN- ROOT

tmoney339

Reaction score
ok so i had my phone rooted by the verizon guy over a year ago he used dmupdater so everything was running awesome no problem... so my camera button broke so i wanted to unroot my phone cuz its still under warranty and get a new one so i used the dm updater and took it back to stock... but the superuser permission would not com off so i have been all over youtube trying new stuff like deleting the update.zip file and putting something else there then going in recovery mode and trying to install... basically my phone works but still has the superuser permission.. so i feel like im in the middle of something my phone is not at the same point it was before i did the unroot but its not fully un rooted it in the middle so i need some advice on how to go forward or back.. ideally i want to get it to the point it was right outta the boxx please help thanks alot...

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
In the droidlabs section there's a thread titled root/unroot regardless of OS. Or something like that. There is a stock .sbf file you can flash that will make you bone stock out of the box. Instructions on how to use RSDlite are in there as well.

Sent from somewhere...

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
There's also a way to do it without RSD Lite, I think there's a post here in the rescue squad guides, I have a different version of it at my site as well.

Oh and BTW jstafford, someone in their infinite wisdom moved the "how to use rsd lite the correct way" thread from droid labs to get buried somewhere else, not even stickied.

good luck