Rooted My Phone, and can't unroot!!! Help!!!

Taco

Reaction score
I rooted my FRG01b stock Droid 1 using Universal Androot (stupidly) a few days ago. I just wanted to experience a few of the root apps to see if it was worth taking the dive and rooting using Motocache1's universal root guide.

I enjoyed the features and was ready to go ahead and I used the "unroot" button on Universal Androot and it said I was successfully unrooted. Great, or maybe not so great. I rebooted and went into my app drawer to find Superuser still in there. I reopened Universal Androot and pressed the unroot button yet again. This time it says that I am unrooted. If so, how come I still have superuser permission on my phone?

Next issue:

I would really like to root my phone using Motocache1's guide located here:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad-guides/74028-root-droid-1-regardless-os-version.html

BUT I am worried that already having superuser on my phone will mess things up and I could possibly run into problems. Please help me out here!!!

I realize I should have just done this to begin with, and well my lesson has been learned. Thanks for all of your time and all help is greatly appreciated!!!

-EDIT-
Could I just flash the BIG Frg01b file from the circus thread overtop my Frg01b? Is this possible, and if so would it clear superuser from my phone?

Or could I put stock Frg22D on my phone, then push the Big frg01b file from the circus thread back to my phone? Or is this not possible?

Or am I going to have to wipe and restart some how?

Last edited: