Please help this Grandma w/a technical question

Ineedsun

Reaction score
I just bought a new Droid X today. I had a Motorola Droid before which I had paired to a Blueant Supertooth 3 in my car. When I went to sync my new Droid X to the Blueant ST3, it doesn't even give me the option of entering the 0000 code (I think that's the code). It just automatically shows that I have a Blueant ST3 as my bluetooth device on my new phone but when I ask it to "pair with this device", it just says that "Blueant has rejected it" (yes, I have the bluetooth setting turned on on the phone).

I am not very technically savvy but I do know that per WA state law, I can't be driving around with the phone up to my ear, LOL. Can someone please help me? Thank you so much in advance. :)

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
When I paired my D2 to my S4, it never asked for the code, it simply paired.

There should be a way to reset your ST3 to it's new-in-box state. Give that a shot.

Also, welcome to the forum, and in your profile, the "Phone:" information is for your model, not your number. We like you, but not that much :)

OP
I

Ineedsun

Reaction score
Wow, thanks for the tip. I told you I was not a very savvy grandma, LOL. I have removed my phone number now.

Sadly, I don't have my manual for the Blueant ST3 and of course there doesn't appear to be an on-line manual so when you say "There should be a way to reset your ST3 to it's new-in-box state. Give that a shot.", can you clarify? If not, I'm not opposed to buying a new one. It's just that this one works fine and it isn't that old. Thank you so much for your help.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! I'm guessing that you car still thinks it is paring with your Droid. The car should allow you to unpair (Droid) then pair the X.

Check out the entire X section by clicking the Forum link above. You will find a lot of very helpful information about the X in the different sections.

Mike

OP
I

Ineedsun

Reaction score
Well, you are great! I did reset the Blueant and voila', my new Droid X is now connect to my phone. I can't thank you enough. Now I don't see a ticket in my future for violating the law for talking on the phone while driving. :icon_ banana:

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Coning a phrase from Jan and Dean

"go grannie go grannie go" :)

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Glad you got it. Dont be a stranger.

OP
I

Ineedsun

Reaction score
I would have never believed when I was young that I would grow up to have a cell phone (smartphone), laptop, netbook, desktop, DVR, Pocketdish, portable DVD player, flatscreen TV's, navigation system in my car that talks to me, satellite radio, cordless phones, Netflix, Roku player, and the list goes on and on. Heck, I remember being the first on the block to get a color TV, LOL. I really do appreciate being able to ask for help from people I will never meet and how quickly people will help. I don't think Jan and Dean knew how appropriate their song would be when they sang it so long ago. :)

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
LOL

Yep we've come a long way since Howdy Doody and Ding Dong School. I'm a grandfather and I have quite a lot of fun with DroidForums and technology. Prior to retiring, I made my living in IT.

Mike

OP
I

Ineedsun

Reaction score
Since you were so helpful I thought I would ask another question. I notice now that when I delete a message from my Droid X, when I get home at night they are all showing up still in my Desktop as new messages. It used to be they were gone once I deleted them from my phone. I still have my old original Motorola Droid so I looked at those settings and I see a setting that says "Delete from Server When I Delete from my Inbox". There is no such setting like this that I can find anywhere on my Droid X (it's in the incoming messages section of the settings). What a pain to come home to so many new message in my inbox (hotmail). Do you have any idea how I can fix this? Thanks again!

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sounds like your sync settings are messed up. Have you checked them?

OP
I

Ineedsun

Reaction score
Well, you have to remember I'm a grandma and I don't know what you mean, LOL. I am as far as into the "Email delivery" section which shows "Data push", "Fetch schedule" and "Sync over Wi'Fi only" as choices. Is that where I should be? Sorry!