Voice dialing from blue tooth

MaryU

Reaction score
I still haven't found an app to help my use voice dialing from my bluetooth.

I want just say "Call John" from my bluetooth (it is in my phone contacts already) I could do it with my old bluetooth and regular flipphone, and I notice people with iPhones can do it. I have been using the Blueant bluetooth device but with that I have to pre-set up voice dialing saying "call speedline 1" or call speeddial 2" and it is inconvenient as the people have to call you so you can set it up.

Does anyone know if there is an app for this? Or is it going to be in the Froyo update?

Chief Wahoo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Droidfish, you willing to give me a little more direction on the BT dialing? I am rooted and guess I just never have thought to try BT dialing. I have a Jawbone Icon (new headset). . . do I have to turn it on somewhere in the Settings? If I just hit the "voicedial" button on the Jawbone will it automatically recognize that I am trying to voicedial?

Appreciate the help and insight. Thanks.

shobe

Reaction score
I installed FroYo last week and just found the other day that I could dial via bluetooth voice command. Basically, I long hold the button on my bluetooth headset (longer than answering a call but shoroter than shutting it off). I hear a beep then say, "Call John Smith at home" (or some variation) and it dials.

Hope this helps.