Please help. Phone possibly bricked?!?

phreak9002

Reaction score
Droid 2 Global. Liberty 1.5 Mod. ROM crashed after changing battery. Phone now stuck in bootloader. Tried to SBF, got to 99%, then failed to enter some BP Pass through mode. Phone reboots with Motorola logo, and proceeds to enter bootloader. RSDLite tells me the SBF failed. Please help me

Last edited:

tb110895

Reaction score
Hold X while turning on the phone and you should get to stock recovery. Do a data wipe and clear the cache and try again

Sent From A GB'ed Droid 2

johncdroid2

Reaction score
im new to droids and such too. mine wont go past the liberty banner when it loads. after the banner the screen goes blank black. ive tried the data and cache wipe and still nothing. also have to charge the phone in just to get it to turn on eventhough it has battery life. whats going on get back to me asap.

greenster100

Reaction score
Would You happen to have any suggestions for a Droid 2 which has no Screen use right now? it was fine one moment and then.... it was really messing up with random CrAzIenesS.
BTW: I can get calls fromt he phone but it really over heats.
yes I did want to order stuff from my Phone.

I do have to note that I dod get a protector for the outside of it and to me it seems the track was loose after it was installed. my assumption is that the protector pulled it out of the tracks and it shorted out.

why did they install an O/S so, close to Linux/knoppix? did the makers not know that it crashes. windows has its faults as well. but linux in my opinion for the Phone SUX

Last edited:

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
Would You happen to have any suggestions for a Droid 2 which has no Screen use right now? it was fine one moment and then.... it was really messing up with random CrAzIenesS.
BTW: I can get calls fromt he phone but it really over heats.
yes I did want to order stuff from my Phone.

I do have to note that I dod get a protector for the outside of it and to me it seems the track was loose after it was installed. my assumption is that the protector pulled it out of the tracks and it shorted out.

why did they install an O/S so, close to Linux/knoppix? did the makers not know that it crashes. windows has its faults as well. but linux in my opinion for the Phone SUX

Are you rooted? If so then sbf and if it still does it take it back and if you not rooted just take it back that's your best thing to do IMO

greenster100

Reaction score
Higly Likely - But I cant tell since the screen wont show anything. its got more issues then the screen though. I think it is KFC(P) Kentucky Fried Cell(Phone). it over heats when you take a call over 5 mins and the battery is... well, its seen better days thats for sure. its got its bruise in other words.

I could try SBF it, but the last few uses it was like saying "no" when you try and USB it to PC/Laptop and the same with plugging it into a wall.
that aint no joke. something is seriously up. I even had a friend of mine that worked at a cellphone store look at it and he basically said "No" to even touching it.

I have that famous 1-800-483-7356 to call:

I thank the Plastic Protectors for this. :icon_evil: