Bricked D2

RedDroidGuy

Reaction score
I know there's a million threads out there but i couldn't find one with my particular problem. I recently bricked my D2. I used RSDLite to flash the sbf. The process took a little time but ended up finishing and the message in the status title read "Rebooting Phone Now." After about 9 minutes of booting the message read "Please Manually Reboot Your phone." I took that opportunity to unplug the phone and attempt to reboot. This however ended up taking me to the bootloader where it said "Corrupt Code." I tried reflashing and the Result column in RSDLite read "FAILED" Now the droid 2 is stuck on bootloader reading "Corrupt Code. Battery Low Cannot Program." The phone simply will not even charge at this point. Have I reached the point of no return?

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Not even close, thankfully. You can just get another battery, an external charger, or get a friend to use their droid to charge it. Or use another battery from an old droid that still works.

Sent from somewhere in a strangereal world.

OP
R

RedDroidGuy

Reaction score
So basically i just need a charged battery and i can reflash? Too bad i can't turn on the phone to contact someone with a droid 2 >.<

Thanks i'll get on it.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You can also charge your phone with a wall charger.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
R

RedDroidGuy

Reaction score
I have actually had it charging on the wall for some time now. Still saying Low Battery Cannot Program. I am a little leery about this whole situation.

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Relax, worst that can happen is that you just have to buy another battery(a must have imo) or ask a verizon store to charge it for you. :)

Sent from somewhere in a strangereal world.

Reaction score

No, you can't. This is the second post I've seen you say that in, and it's dead wrong, you should stop spreading misinformation. If a phone won't boot, it can't charge a battery. The charging hardware won't function without the applicable software.

mattv111

Reaction score

No, you can't. This is the second post I've seen you say that in, and it's dead wrong, you should stop spreading misinformation. If a phone won't boot, it can't charge a battery. The charging hardware won't function without the applicable software.

yea you can't do that

Reaction score
I have actually had it charging on the wall for some time now. Still saying Low Battery Cannot Program. I am a little leery about this whole situation.

The reason you can't charge your phone is because in teh flashing process it puts the code needed by the charger to charge it. Same thing happening to my phone. Trying to figure out a way to fix it asap