PLEASE HELP! New user; where's my Outlook?

MichiMom

Reaction score
Opened the Incredible last night, and I love it, but I think I was mistaken. I thought after browsing this forum and other sites, like syncdroid-dot-net, that I would be able to purchase a 3rd-party app to sync my Outlook Mail to the gmail and back etc.

Now I realize that most of those are for Exchange, which we don't run. I'm an independent contractor who has a webmail account and a personal domain account (through GoDaddy) going through my Oulook. I've looked at Touchdown, gSyncit, and Google Apps' paid version, and none of them seem to be what I need?!

Please help; I CANNOT give up my Outlook, and maybe it's too simple of a question and no one else needs this. Everyone keeps saying "just switch to gmail," and that's not an option.

I don't want to go back to BlackBerry! My new phone is too cool!

FC127

Reaction score
Well, Outlook is only a delivery device for your email... if you have a corporate mail server you will likely have to sync to that.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

coskier

Reaction score
You don't have to give up Outlook on your desktop. You can use the Mail function on the phone to log in to your webmail account and also your hosted account at GoDaddy. I do this and don't have any problems. I also use some other apps to keep the calendar and contacts synced between Outlook and Google. These apps run on the PC and are free. Search for Google Calendar Sync and GO Contact Sync. There are also apps to keep notes and tasks synced, but I don't use those as much.

OP
M

MichiMom

Reaction score
Aha! yes, it seems I was making it way more complicated than it appeared. I am thrilled! I now have my email going to my phone, it looks like I do NOT have to use gmail, and my Outlook is there on my desktop in all of its glory :):icon_ banana: I love my new Incredible!

coskier

Reaction score
Since you already have a webmail account, it might be worth converting it to gmail (I assume it is Hotmail or Yahoo). Then you can take advantage of the syncing programs I spoke of.