Please help... MTP Device Questions

blinkday2

Reaction score
OK, I have been lurking on this forum since I got my droid x a few weeks ago. I can usually find my answers by just searching, until now. I need to make my droid x show up as an mtp device... No matter how I connect (usb mass storage, windows media sync, or pc mode), I cannot get it.

I found this link My device does not show up in Rhapsody and am still stuck.

I am doing this so that I can connect and transfer my rhapsody to go subscription songs (it is my choice and I know there are other free apps for music).

The (beta) rhapsody app works fine and even signs in over 3G to sync my playlists and stream songs. In order to save battery life and not worry about going where the signal is low, I need to connect through usb and transfer the files via rhapsody software. HOWEVER, rhapsody doesn't recognize it because it is not seen as an MTP device.

I can drag and drop the subscription music files in usb mass storage mode, but the music files will not play unless the transfer was made thru rhapsody....:icon_evil:.

When I start the usb connection, it wants to install software, but cannot find any (?). Device manager lists the droid x as " motorola ABD interface" under the section of "other devices", which is how I know that it is not being seen as an MTP device....

I am running a non-rooted droid x, with froyo.
My computer is running windows XP.
And I am am running out of ideas.

What am I doing wrong??????

OP
blinkday2

blinkday2

Reaction score
motoconnect gave me the drivers to allows rhapsody to see the droid x, and transfer songs to it.

Unfortunately, they will not play once on it...... what the hell?