PLease Help! Losing all email connections

Raven375

Reaction score
I just bought the DROID X everything was fine then two days ago I had a little error icon next to FACEBOOK and Universal mail. Stating that a connection could not be made to Facebook messages. I only have the Social Network App not a facebook one, I go on the web to log into my Facebook. So I thought maybe deleting it would help but when I tried deleting Facebook as an Account I was denied. Tried signing in with password and username no luck. Then I thought may be AOL and FB message have same email so I deleted my AOL email. Well now I cant reinstall email, no connection can be made for gmail facebook etc. I have turned phone off cleared cache and FORCED STOPPPEd any app that said social in it!!

I am confused how do I reset to factory?? take battery out like on BB storm??

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just bought the DROID X everything was fine then two days ago I had a little error icon next to FACEBOOK and Universal mail. Stating that a connection could not be made to Facebook messages. I only have the Social Network App not a facebook one, I go on the web to log into my Facebook. So I thought maybe deleting it would help but when I tried deleting Facebook as an Account I was denied. Tried signing in with password and username no luck. Then I thought may be AOL and FB message have same email so I deleted my AOL email. Well now I cant reinstall email, no connection can be made for gmail facebook etc. I have turned phone off cleared cache and FORCED STOPPPEd any app that said social in it!!

I am confused how do I reset to factory?? take battery out like on BB storm??

No. It's not like the Blackberry Storm and I do believe you will need to do a factory reset.

Go to your settings/privacy/factory data reset. Perform the reset there. Log back into google and your email accounts and you should be fine.

I don't know what caused this in the first place. I keep my twitter and my phone separate because I see people have issues like this. You can safely link your facebook page to your X in your settings without an app. I suppose you have other social networks so that's why you selected the app.

Anyway, do the factory data reset. You will have to manually restore your unpaid apps, your paid ones will be in your downloads in the Market.

OP
R

Raven375

Reaction score
Thanks Hook Bill

dancedroid It worked wonderfully should have asked before I started removing things. Now I am worried about choosing to display any messages from Facebook Another question I have is why is move to SD card not an option for anything I have on phone? I mean I see it in manage APPS but it is never lit up? I would like all my photos and or music to be there and many have said to move apps there.
thank you again for you fast reply and help..

Raven