Razr Maxx - AOL configured to delete emails from server??? How to?

ajava

Reaction score
I'm using the stock email app, and I let the phone install AOL for me the "automatic" way (where you select AOL from a list of popular email clients and it configures it for you, with the AOL icon and all that). I LOVE this stock email, but no matter what I do, I can't find a way to make the emails delete from the server, when I've deleted them from the phone. It's getting pretty annoying to have to log into AOL from my home PC, just to clean out the mail box. I did try doing a manual install of AOL (so I then lost the custom AOL icon) - but then I stopped getting AOL emails all together.

It appears there is no option to configure email settings when you do the "auto" set up...but surely there must be some other way to have emails deleted from both the phone and the server at once??? Right??

Krusr

Reaction score
I just bought a maxx myself for businee and have the same question.
How can I delete email from my phone but not my PC?

Burkhartct

Reaction score
I'm using the stock email app, and I let the phone install AOL for me the "automatic" way (where you select AOL from a list of popular email clients and it configures it for you, with the AOL icon and all that). I LOVE this stock email, but no matter what I do, I can't find a way to make the emails delete from the server, when I've deleted them from the phone. It's getting pretty annoying to have to log into AOL from my home PC, just to clean out the mail box. I did try doing a manual install of AOL (so I then lost the custom AOL icon) - but then I stopped getting AOL emails all together.

It appears there is no option to configure email settings when you do the "auto" set up...but surely there must be some other way to have emails deleted from both the phone and the server at once??? Right??

Did you ever figure this e-mail issue out? I delete from my desktop, but the phone doesn't delete based on that action. I had the first droid out and it did, so I don't understand why this latest droid razr doesn't delete.

Also, when my contacts came through everything is all together. My phone contacts, AOL contacts and FaceBook contacts. Nothing was separated out. The old droid did it correctly. This is so inconvenient!!