Droid and AOL email account

horvie

Reaction score
When I got this ohone 2 weeks ago, the verizon tech added my aol email account to it along with my gmail account. I use one for business, the other for personal emails. (I know aol is a dinosaur, but it worked fine til today)

This morning I couldn't get it to connect to aol, but I had messed around with some of the internet browser security settings and removed the saved password functions and cleared the browser cache and figured that was why I was having trouble. My gmail works fine and so does my windows hotmail account - just the aol is a problem.

So I deleted the account and attempted to reinstall it using the auto setup option but it won't connect. Have researched manually setting it up and tried to use pop and imap settings, but the directions don't exactly match what shows on the phone.

Can anyone help here? I don't want to have to go back to the store if I can help it.

OP
H

horvie

Reaction score
Meant to add that I reset the browser settings to default just in case that fouled things up, but it didn't make a difference. :angry:

OP
H

horvie

Reaction score
SO I just re charged the battery and tried it again on the automatic setup to add an email account. Lo and behold - it worked! SO I now have access to all me email accounts again. Go figure!!!