Please HELP!!!! Facebook issues

countryboy498

Reaction score
Okay, I love my Motorola Droid but I am growing increasingly irritated with Facebook and the Droid. I use Gmail because it seems to work best with the Droid and every time I get a Facebook comment I get notification. With that notification I get a link to go directly to the thread on Facebook. When I try to get to Facebook through that link it acts like it is going to go but then stops and I get just a white screen. A buddy of mine who has the droid is NOT having these issues. His works just fine, am I doing something wrong????

Cnote187

Reaction score
Facebook is really buggy at the moment on the droid. everyone seems to have a different issue with it. I'm currently not getting any Facebook notifications in Facebook for Android. I'm hoping this will all be fixed in the 2.1 update.

This is really the only knock I have on my droid

steveinil

Reaction score
do you have the widget i have that and seems to work ok... but my problem with fb is sinking with my contacts from fb to the contact list on the phone lol like cnote said fb is wierd on the droid right now for alot of people i think.

youngin'

Reaction score
Is anyone having trouble with update half the **** i see on my computer isnt there on my phone?

kmasum

Reaction score
you are not alone buddy....facebook never worked for me....i am still getting notification through email...another downside I noticed is droid youtube takes forever to load

OP
countryboy498

countryboy498

Reaction score
Well, for the most part I am happy with the phone. I just really do not like the fact that I have been getting that stupid white screen.......

cisco0910

Reaction score
this what I do. on one of your home screens have the stock fb app, bloo and a shortcut to facebook touch to the browser of your choice. all three has there issues at different times so if one thing isn't working properly at the moment try the one of the other three. they all have it's pros and cons so use one for certain things..for example use the touch facebook for inbox messages, bloo for clicking on new photos without it going to browser, etc. just play with it and you'll figure it out.

side note, is the developer of the stock facebook app on a 6 month vacation to hawaii or something? ! ? we haven't had an update seem like forever!