Please allow me to introduce myself...

PHDroid

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a new Droid X user. Found the forums and have been doing a bit, make that a lot, of reading. Hope to be able to contribute something at some point, but right now I'm so far behind the curve I don't know if I'll ever catch up!

I do have a question about the droidforums/tapatalk app. All threads appear the same to me in the app whether or not they've been read. Is this normal? When I read forums through my pc, the unread topic titles are usually bolded and then get unbolded as they're read. Any way to get this same behavior in the mobile apps?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, glad u joined us. I don't think it'll change on either web or mobile app. Its the same with my D2G, Xoom, and laptop. I haven't checked if there's something in the user control panel under notifications.

sent from my Hawaiian Xoom...ALOHA

OP
P

PHDroid

Reaction score
Thanks Hawaiian Princess, that's kind of a bummer. It's hard for me to keep track of the topics I've read without some sort of feedback. I'll keep looking as there must be something.

Aloha to you!

OP
P

PHDroid

Reaction score
I'm mostly in the Droid X section but haven't settled into any specific threads yet. Only having this phone, actually my first smartphone, for such a short time, everything I find here is pretty new and interesting.

I'm going to check out the tapatalk forums next and see if I can find anything out there about this read vs unread thread indicator thing. I know I must be overlooking something obvious.

See ya!

OP
P

PHDroid

Reaction score
Back on my pc and I just noticed that in addition to the topic title texts being bolded when the thread is unread, a little green diamond also appears in front of the title when the thread is unread. I don't see this in the droidforum app either.

Still lookin'...

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
the post/view count is green when unread and gray when read on the df app.
Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
P

PHDroid

Reaction score
I must be blind!!! *lol

I was just about to post that I had discovered that the little green diamond was the go to the first unread post button when I saw your reply. This is exactly what I was looking for!

Thank you very much Martin.

Later...

Last edited:

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score

see that's why u got the rescue squad recognition. Lol I wasn't really searching because it didn't really bother me. but thank u!

sent from the Hawaiian D2G

OP
P

PHDroid

Reaction score

see that's why u got the rescue squad recognition. Lol I wasn't really searching because it didn't really bother me. but thank u!

sent from the Hawaiian D2G
Maybe it's the just the way I read forums, but this function is a must for me.

Thanks again Martin!