I'm not new but have never introduced myself

fetchman

Reaction score
Never quite understood why I should introduce myself, so I didn't. Now I have a question that seems to belong here. I have learned so much from this forum. Joined shortly after I got a D1 when it first came out. After several months of reading on this forum, I took the leap to rooting and ROMing. Lost track a long time ago on how many different ROMs I have tried, some of which I liked, some that I didn't understand and a few that flat out didn't work. Thanks to a lot of reading here, I never had any problems that I couldn't get out of. Settled finally on Sapphire which I used for a long time and it treated me well. Then an update came along and I started having all kinds of trouble. Development of Sapphire was starting to wind down so I started going backwards towards a stock rooted ROM. Nothing I did seemed to make much difference in fixing the various minor irritations that I was having like contact specific ringtones not working, callers couldn't hear me when I answered a call and only a reboot would fix it. So I didn't know if it was remnants of the ROMs or the phone itself going out that was causing the problems. Then I became illegible for an upgrade, and thanks again to all of the helpful information on this forum, made the decision to upgrade to the D3. I couldn't be happier. I have rooted it only to have the capibilites of Titanium Backup and have no intention of going any further as ROMs become available for the D3. I like it just the way it is.

So now you know where I am and how I got herel. Now my question. Every 2 or 3 days I get a notification that there is an upgrade available for the DroidForums App. When I go to the market I find that I have the current version. There is no option to install update - only Open or Uninstall. What's going on and how do I stop this from happening? I have tried uninstalling the App and the same thing continues to happen.

Thanks for reading this far. I look forward to finding an answer from someone.

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
welcome to the community. You've traveled a long road but arrived at a good destination. As to your question you can always go to the market and follow this path (market>settings>notify me>disable). The pic below shows the settings screen in the market. Hope this can help.

View attachment 40421

Sent from my Liberated D2

OP
fetchman

fetchman

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. However, my version of the market doesn't have that option. If I understand correctly what that option would do, if I had it, not sure that I would want to take it anyway. I like the update available notifications. Just tired of getting the one for the DroidForums app when it's already current.

OP
fetchman

fetchman

Reaction score
No. At the top is updates followed by the Droidforums app then the list of installed apps

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well if there is no option to update even after re-installing the app that's weird maybe a battery pull haha?

Sent from my Liberated D2

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
:welcome: to the forum. As for your problem, have you tried going to settings/applications/manage applications then select market then clear cache?

OP
fetchman

fetchman

Reaction score
Don't recall if I have tried that or not. Probably have since that is usually one of the first things I do when wierdness shows up in an app. I'll give it a try. Thanks for the reminder.

OP
fetchman

fetchman

Reaction score
Well the. Cache clear and a restart did nothing to change things. Guess i'll just get used to it being there.