Playing Videos (AVI)

vindicate

Reaction score
Can you play Avi Videos with the stock player? If not what formats and resolutions and things like that are supported by the stock player?

Tepes

Reaction score
Use Rockplayer. Free in the market or a payed version. Plays .avi just fine. Rarely have lag issues, if I do, it's nmore likely the copy.

Sent from Hitchhiker's Guide

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
+1 for Rockplayer

but i use .mp4 and stock player since I always convert all my files to .mp4. .mp4 is a universal and friendly format =)

erinsarah

Reaction score
Yes you can 100% ABSOLUTELY play .avi files with your droid. I JUST put black swan onto my droid X and its an .avi file. I open "gallery" and then go to "all movies" and click it from there and it plays perfectly.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Yes you can 100% ABSOLUTELY play .avi files with your droid. I JUST put black swan onto my droid X and its an .avi file. I open "gallery" and then go to "all movies" and click it from there and it plays perfectly.

With what app?

erinsarah

Reaction score
what? with no app. just go into gallery like I said.. where all your pictures are. Gallery is how you view all your pictures on your droid.
and click on "ALL VIDEOS".. all your .avi files will be there. click one.

doobie711

Reaction score
that is the Droid X. this is the incredible. two completely different things. the droid x actually has part of arc media player on it i've seen from the system files. for the incredible i would recommend Arc. i've watched the good, the bad, and the ugly extended director's cut on a trip around the south east with next to no hick-ups. of course if you do watch a lot of movies gotta recommend the extended battery from seidio.