Playing MP3's on Droid X

keithnuss

Reaction score
Have had X since launch day, came from Iphone 3gs & love the Droid! Done with Apple, happy to have a phone that works as a phone too...3 questions about playing mp3's on native music player:

1. when playing an album, how can I get songs to NOT play in alphabetical order? Mp3 file names may not all be uniform, so I can certainly change file names to include track number.

2. whats the difference between shuffle and party shuffle?

3. How can I set up play lists? I tried Doubletwist but its not working well and keeps bringing over about half the songs from Itunes play lists...is it just a matter of making various folders with the mp3's or am I complicating things?

Thanks, these forums have been awesome, extremely helpful!!

clborden

Reaction score
Bump...I'm curious too. I'm about to start putting music and movies on mine. Also, the movies I bought on iTunes, is it possible to put those on my DX?

713King

Reaction score
i think it is possible with a program called doubleTwist, with that program i think you can organize everything you have on your Droid. Look it up is very handy, also they have double twist application on the market

clborden

Reaction score
I just bought iSyncr on the market. I'm hoping it works well. I'm about to leave for work, so I won't be able to try it out till I get home. Next I need to find out how to transfer movies on to it. I'm using a Mac so I thought I could use my Finder and just copy & paste...

Freedoom

Reaction score
Check on your computer with the phone in mass storage mode if the songs tag actually has a track number.

Eolly

Reaction score
Keith Ive had my x since the day after launch.
I have tried all the hyped players.
Didnt like them as I had to use another player instead of the stock one.
Doubletwist would shut off if navigation interupted it.
The others just didnt like the interface.

So I read all the threads that popped up here and on another forum.
Somebody suggested iSyncr.
I researched it and it looked like what I wanted.

Now if your trying to get away from using itunes this isnt for you.
But if you dont mind itunes then this is the app for you.
WHat it does is allow you to sync your itunes playlists and music to the android.
I make a playlist in itunes then sync my phone.
Otherwise I would just use the native wmp sync tool.
The bad thing about it is you cant import playlists from itunes to wmp.

OP
K

keithnuss

Reaction score
WHat it does is allow you to sync your itunes playlists and music to the android.

Thanks Eolly, I'm trying doubletwist again now and it it doesn't work I'll go with Isyncr. Any word on getting songs not to play in alphabetical order?

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Keith Ive had my x since the day after launch.
I have tried all the hyped players.
Didnt like them as I had to use another player instead of the stock one.
Doubletwist would shut off if navigation interupted it.
The others just didnt like the interface.

So I read all the threads that popped up here and on another forum.
Somebody suggested iSyncr.
I researched it and it looked like what I wanted.

Amen! I've said this like a million times already lol but isyncr saved me a lot of headaches doubletwist was giving me. If you want a simple way to sync itunes playlist to your droid isyncr is great. Syncs play count too! Also if you don't like the stock music player but don't want something complicated check out music mod player. It's basically the stock music player with enhancements to make it better to use.

Also about the alphabetical what I do is format my playlists in itunes in the order I want, for example sorted for recently added. Isyncr syncs playlists exactly as they are formatted in itunes. So essentially just make a playlist with songs you want that aren't in alphabetical order and you should be good, that is If I'm understanding you correctly lol.

Also for movies drag and drop should work but I think if you make a playlist in itunes with movies on it and sync it with isyncr, that should work too.

Sent from my Tapatalk using Droid