Playing FLV files

Uglymouse

Reaction score
Once I download the Flash, can I play .flv (flash video) files? If so, how?:confused:

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
not from the flash player... I would think you need some other kind of media player and I dono of one at the moment...

Taegost

Reaction score
Well, you can try opening your browser, and then typing the path to the file in the address bar, just like a PC browser, you can use it to open local files. I think it's something like:
file://sdcard/media/pr0n/giggity.flv

I could be wrong on the exact verbiage, but I know I've seen it elsewhere on this forum.
Or, you can get the program Youtube Downloader from download.com, it has a feature to convert .flv files to .mp4, which is native to the Droid OS.

OP
Uglymouse

Uglymouse

Reaction score
Well, you can try opening your browser, and then typing the path to the file in the address bar, just like a PC browser, you can use it to open local files. I think it's something like:

I could be wrong on the exact verbiage, but I know I've seen it elsewhere on this forum.
Or, you can get the program Youtube Downloader from download.com, it has a feature to convert .flv files to .mp4, which is native to the Droid OS.

I tried the web thing and it didn't work, so I decided to use XMedia Recode. It only took a couple of minutes for what I had.

Until there is a media player that plays the flv files, I guess I will go that way.

Thanks!

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

I tried the web thing and it didn't work, so I decided to use XMedia Recode. It only took a couple of minutes for what I had.

Until there is a media player that plays the flv files, I guess I will go that way.

Thanks!

I do the same thing, but use "Any Video Converter" a free app for your computer. For playing flv's on my computer I just play those in VLC, another great free tool.

ahhh..Rockplayer played a flv file on my phone just fine for me.
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ayer-beta-now-public-avi-playback-galore.html