Question on playing videos

drob07

Reaction score
I would like to be able to play youtube or dailymotion videos on my tv using my Droid X HDMI out capability. Am I correct in assuming that I'll need to download the video (using something like keepvid) and then convert it to a file that is compatible with my phone? I believe they default to .flv files when downloading, but I don't think my Droid X will play .flv, is that right? Please help

D

dvdcatalyst

I would like to be able to play youtube or dailymotion videos on my tv using my Droid X HDMI out capability. Am I correct in assuming that I'll need to download the video (using something like keepvid) and then convert it to a file that is compatible with my phone? I believe they default to .flv files when downloading, but I don't think my Droid X will play .flv, is that right? Please help

You can use RealHDMI to play youtube and such from your device onto your TV, but otherwise, you need to convert the files you have into MP4 files so they appear in Gallery. Basically anything you can access in Gallery will work with HDMI. While multi-format players such as RockjPlayer and vPlayer might be able to play your FLV's directly, they are currently not capable of accessing the HDMI part, unless you use RealHDMI.