Placement of symbols in texting

as20xc

Reaction score
I was just wondering if there is anyway to change how symbols automatically remove a space between it and the previous word...for example if I type a word[space]$10 it will show up as word$ 10 instead of word $10. It just gets annoying to have to always go back and change it whenever I use a symbol.

Reaction score
It's just an error with the stock keyboard. If you use any of the keyboard replacements in the market, it goes away.

Lenagainster

Reaction score
... if I type a word[space]$10 it will show up as word$ 10 instead of word $10. ...
It annoyed me as well and there didn't seem to be an upgrade in sight to fix it, so I switched to SwiftKey (after trying others like Swype) and it is no longer a problem. SwiftKey does suggest words and in that sense is a spelling checker. After a while, you find yourself typing less and less, using the suggested words.
BTW: I thought I could never do without a physical keyboard and that is why I chosed the Droid2. However, after using SwiftKey, I rarely slide out and use the physical keyboard. My next phone won't have one.