Pixel 2 / Pixel 2 XL Screen Protector Thread

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
They are a dot matrix screen. I can only see the dots in direct sunlight outside. (3D model)

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

rosariorose9

Reaction score
So, I'm thinking of giving the wifey my Pixel XL (which I still LOVE) and getting an XL 2. Is there any consensus at this point as to what the best screen protector is (and why)? What about the Moshi Ion Glass? Thanks!

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
So, I'm thinking of giving the wifey my Pixel XL (which I still LOVE) and getting an XL 2. Is there any consensus at this point as to what the best screen protector is (and why)? What about the Moshi Ion Glass? Thanks!
White Dome.. Hands down and worth the price IMO...

Pixel 2 XL

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
This glass screen protector made it since I bough the phone back in October. Now it looks like it's starting to show fine cracks. I'll try out that white dome.
63e509abba0f9936021164ab8fe17987.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
This glass screen protector made it since I bough the phone back in October. Now it looks like it's starting to show fine cracks. I'll try out that white dome.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

just wondering, are the cracks coming from no where or have you been abusing the phone again :p Its only been six months. seems to me you should not be getting any fine cracks so soon.

cynkrzy

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I'm going to give these a try.. 3D ones are only edge adhesive like others out already.. Two pack seems more the way to go.. I got both ordered..

Coupon code Intellipixel for a nice savings..
I paid $25 with tax

Pixel 2 - Google Pixel - Shop By Device - intelliARMOR

Sent using Tapatalk
BK - Did you get these, the 3D sounds good. I got one off of Amazon but not 100% pleased, thick and requires lot more pressure to get the screen to respond to touch

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
BK - Did you get these, the 3D sounds good. I got one off of Amazon but not 100% pleased, thick and requires lot more pressure to get the screen to respond to touch

I tried a non 3D one and it was okay ...but just spent the extra cash and got the White Dome which has no dot matrix and adhesive on whole screen ..

iPhone X

cynkrzy

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I looks like you apply an adhesive and then the glass ? The application jig seems like it would make for a good fit. Hmmmm.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I looks like you apply an adhesive and then the glass ? The application jig seems like it would make for a good fit. Hmmmm.
Yes exactly... It looks complicated but it's not bad at all... I've done about 5 installs different phones and love the protection.. glass is smooth like using nothing...

LG G7

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Is the DOT matrix I now see from my protector? I only see it when my top is off my Jeep and the sun is blazing....

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Is the DOT matrix I now see from my protector? I only see it when my top is off my Jeep and the sun is blazing....
That sounds like it... usually not a big distraction.. My only complaint with Edge adhesive screen protectors is they get dust underneath...

LG G7

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
That sounds like it... usually not a big distraction.. My only complaint with Edge adhesive screen protectors is they get dust underneath...

LG G7
Both my pixel2xl and my wifes S9+ have edge adhesion and in less than a week on the respective phones "stuff" has gotten in/under the SP's.
I don't even see any point (probably will just to have a spare) of pursuing a warranty. we'll see.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Both my pixel2xl and my wifes S9+ have edge adhesion and in less than a week on the respective phones "stuff" has gotten in/under the SP's.
I don't even see any point (probably will just to have a spare) of pursuing a warranty. we'll see.

it seems to work for some...and it seems to get good reviews on amazon.