Pixel 2 / Pixel 2 XL Screen Protector Thread

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Installed the White Dome last night.. best best protector for the XL currently... Although expensive at $40 I'm impressed so far and response touch is quality...

Pixel 2 XL

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Installed the White Dome last night.. best best protector for the XL currently... Although expensive at $40 I'm impressed so far and response touch is quality...

Pixel 2 XL
So are the top and bottom of the screen protector white/black and not clear? I've been looking for a screen protector that wraps the edges, I bought a cheap one at first but was very disappointed and got rid of them.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
So are the top and bottom of the screen protector white/black and not clear? I've been looking for a screen protector that wraps the edges, I bought a cheap one at first but was very disappointed and got rid of them.

You will not find a SP that wraps the edges that will be good IMO .. I had the IntelliArmor which was decent my but it’s only adhesive on outer and what happens eventually dust gets underneath..also you get a little halo effect..

White dome is not edge to edge but glue covers the whole protector ..I will take a pic of it soon and post up for ya ...it’s just glass no edges ..

iPhone BK X

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You will not find a SP that wraps the edges that will be good IMO .. I had the IntelliArmor which was decent my but it’s only adhesive on outer and what happens eventually dust gets underneath..also you get a little halo effect..

White dome is not edge to edge but glue covers the whole protector ..I will take a pic of it soon and post up for ya ...it’s just glass no edges ..

iPhone BK X
The cheap one I bought didn't wrap the edges, it was just the flat area but it didn't fit the screen well and went over the edges. I was hoping Intelliarmor was the answer, I was happy with theirs in the past.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
The cheap one I bought didn't wrap the edges, it was just the flat area but it didn't fit the screen well and went over the edges. I was hoping Intelliarmor was the answer, I was happy with theirs in the past.

Yeah not good ...IntelliArmor working on a full adhesive but when I contacted them recently not ready yet ..

Here is the White dome
2369174d96606da0a98195bd99da8fdc.jpg
d9101285381ada22b07cec3edb141ca9.jpg

iPhone BK X

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That fits a lot better than the one I had. I'd take that.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
That fits a lot better than the one I had. I'd take that.

Yup I don't think anything else that will better currently out... BTW welcome to the Pixel family... How long have you had the phone? Did ya root it?

Pixel 2 XL

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've had it about a month now after my XL took a crap on me. I didn't really want to buy it yet but it was either take the XL someone and get it fixed, it this. I don't really trust places locally, so I opted to buy the 2 XL. I don't know if I'll root it TBH. The only reason I rooted the 6P was to get viper4android and I never rooted the XL. This phone performs so well on its own, the best of any phone I've had, but I would hope so lol.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
It's really an awesome phone... just enjoy it so much with daily use.. Yeah it's great stock but those little extras with root make it even better IMO ... COME ON OVER! haha

I'm running Dirty Unicorn ROM so solid with extra tweaks

Pixel 2 XL

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Lol I may see what the community had to offer eventually. I do miss viper, I had it tweaked pretty nicely.

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah not good ...IntelliArmor working on a full adhesive but when I contacted them recently not ready yet ..

Here is the White dome
2369174d96606da0a98195bd99da8fdc.jpg
d9101285381ada22b07cec3edb141ca9.jpg

iPhone BK X
I wonder if that's why my IntelliArmour has been on backorder for over a month now?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Skyfire97

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2 XL
Twitter
@AmyBelding
For those using IntelliArmour, what is the difference between the 3D and the HD versions, besides price? The only difference I see looking at the pictures is the 3d comes in black or white and the HD is clear. The write-ups are identical. Thoughts?

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
For those using IntelliArmour, what is the difference between the 3D and the HD versions, besides price? The only difference I see looking at the pictures is the 3d comes in black or white and the HD is clear. The write-ups are identical. Thoughts?

3d covers the edge in addition to the top, while the hd just covers only the top.