Pimp out my Droid

Over50Droid

Reaction score
I'm looking to customize my Droid and don't want to pay for a bunch of crappy apps that don't work. Here is what I'm looking for:

SMS app that will turn on the backlight, have adjustable font and a reminder alert.

A better screen lock where I don't have to press a hardware button to get to the touch screen unlock.

And...... any app that you might think would help an AARP Droid kinda guy.

Thanks,

Paul

2guys1droid

Reaction score
Not really sure what you want out of your unlock screen, but we have a tutorial on how to FULLY customize your unlock screen down to the finest, smallest detail.

Here is an example of a customized unlock screen I made for myself:
[video=youtube;pWWmrf6YvFE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWWmrf6YvFE]YouTube - NEW Fully Customized Philadelphia Flyers Motorola Droid Unlock Screen[/video]

Here is the tutorial on how to physically do it:
2 Guys 1 Droid: How To Personalize Your Android Phone's Custom Unlock Screen

The rest of our blog has tons of cool pimp-out type things you can do to your Droid, so check it out. Email us with any questions you have. Hope this helps.

2 Guys 1 Droid

CityLightsOZ

Reaction score
or ChompSMS i've found to be way better. lets you customize colors, fonts, and turns ur screen light on when you get a text.

gdgtgrl

Reaction score
I'm looking to customize my Droid and don't want to pay for a bunch of crappy apps that don't work. Here is what I'm looking for:

SMS app that will turn on the backlight, have adjustable font and a reminder alert.

A better screen lock where I don't have to press a hardware button to get to the touch screen unlock.

And...... any app that you might think would help an AARP Droid kinda guy.

Thanks,

Paul

Well, I'm over 30.....ish....and I've had to use Where's My Droid a few times because I've forgotten where I left my Droid.....a....few....times...:icon_eek:

2guys1droid

Reaction score
another similar program to where's my droid is "pintail" its a breeze to set up and all you need to do is text "pin ####" to your phone from another phone and it will autoreply with a google maps map of where your phone is