Pictures taken, sometimes they wont show up in the gallery

Reaction score
I noticed today that a pic i took yesterday, didnt show up in my gallery when i looked today. I didnt delete it either. Has anyone else had this problem. I have been trying to get it to duplicate it to no avail.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

mikecolorama

Reaction score
It has happened to me. I think there is another thread about this. Might be common.

Droid noob

Reaction score
I noticed today that a pic i took yesterday, didnt show up in my gallery when i looked today. I didnt delete it either. Has anyone else had this problem. I have been trying to get it to duplicate it to no avail.

I've had a few pics show up as just grey boxes. Like it couldn't read the jpeg or something

Sent 2 u via Incredible 2

OP
C
Reaction score
Its wierd because they show up in an app i downloaded.

WeedR

Reaction score
I just got done at a Tigers game and I took a ton of pictures and they aren't showing up. This is ridiculous. Any suggestions?

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2 via DroidForums

canonlaw

Reaction score
mine does it too sometimes. Usually a restart fixes it for me.

SeattleBob

Reaction score
Found a way to resolve the issue

I was having the same problem and did some research on-line about it. I found some sites that claimed it was a issue with the version of Android being run on the Incredible 2 and how it scans the SD card.

I don't really know what causes it, but I do know that your pics are still on the phone and you need the phone to rescan the SD card. Someone mentioned that their pics show up after a restart, which triggers the phone to rescan the SD card.

The other option I found was a free app that triggers a rescan of the SD card. You can find it in the app store. Its called SDrescan. It works really well. I would say I have to use it about once every two weeks. After you run the rescan which takes about 15 secs, everything shows up in your gallery like normal.

Droid noob

Reaction score
I was having the same problem and did some research on-line about it. I found some sites that claimed it was a issue with the version of Android being run on the Incredible 2 and how it scans the SD card.

I don't really know what causes it, but I do know that your pics are still on the phone and you need the phone to rescan the SD card. Someone mentioned that their pics show up after a restart, which triggers the phone to rescan the SD card.

The other option I found was a free app that triggers a rescan of the SD card. You can find it in the app store. Its called SDrescan. It works really well. I would say I have to use it about once every two weeks. After you run the rescan which takes about 15 secs, everything shows up in your gallery like normal.

Good call bob. I wonder if HTC would put a fix out for t this? That sdscan app did the trick. I noticed even the apps that are on my SD card sometimes show the android animation icon instead of the games cover. Interesting

Sent 2 u via Incredible 2

OP
C
Reaction score

Thanks for the info. I will give it a shot.

OP
C
Reaction score
It worked great. Thanks for the info.