Pico pronouncing my wife's name wrong

ag65151

Reaction score
I am talking about the CallerID notification. Is there any way to specify pronunciation? Phonetic spelling, lexicon, anthing?

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am talking about the CallerID notification. Is there any way to specify pronunciation? Phonetic spelling, lexicon, anthing?

Well, my thought is either use a nick name that pronounces right or spell her name wrong to get the desired pronunciation. I dont think their is a way to specify... Would be cool though. like my name cj sucks but seejay it pronounces right. I guess it all depends how mad you are about it. Put up with the wrong pronunciation or the wrong name spelling.

rmac

Reaction score
edit the contact

Ag;

On my Droid X, if you edit a contact, there is a white arrow icon just to the right of the last name. If you hit that, it brings up additional fields, including ones labeled "phonetic given, middle and last names". Unfortunately, it seems to have no effect for me; but maybe someday?

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Ag;

On my Droid X, if you edit a contact, there is a white arrow icon just to the right of the last name. If you hit that, it brings up additional fields, including ones labeled "phonetic given, middle and last names". Unfortunately, it seems to have no effect for me; but maybe someday?

Perhaps you should report that to the Pico devs. I think the phonetic name might be only used in certain contact apps like blur contacts or even wyecontacts which is what I think Liberty uses, but I dont recall this being in AOSP contacts but maybe I am wrong.

Never

Reaction score
Perhaps you should report that to the Pico devs. I think the phonetic name might be only used in certain contact apps like blur contacts or even wyecontacts which is what I think Liberty uses, but I dont recall this being in AOSP contacts but maybe I am wrong.

Phonetic name is for "yomi" for Asian names, not what you're thinking. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kanji#Readings

I, too, wish there were a way to spell out the name the way I want it pronounced, but see the normal spelling.

heathervdr

Reaction score
<3 thank you!

Ag;

I think this might be what I've been looking for and the chat dude at the Moto site (I call him "Bonehead") couldn't figure out! Thank you so much!!!:D