Pic of a Red Striped Verizon Version of the Upcoming Motorola Droid MAXX Leaks

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
red-striped-verizon-droid-maxx.jpg

Here's an intriguing pic for you guys this morning. Supposedly, what you see above is a leaked pic of the upcoming Motorola Droid MAXX, and this one is heading to Verizon. As you can see, it's a bit unusual, because it has a red racing stripe right down the middle of it. This could obviously just be a thrown together quick photoshop job, but it's also possible it is real. Along with this pic comes some rumored specs as well,
  • 4.7-inch Super AMOLED display with Gorilla Glass 2
  • Snapdragon S4 Pro clocked at 1.7GHz
  • 16GB storage
  • Two different rumors for the camera - a 10-megapixel or 14-megapixel camera
  • Battery capacity stands at 2500mAh
These specs are just about as "suspect" as the pic is. We would be very surprised to see a new MAXX series Droid with anything less than the usual 3,300mAh battery. Additionally, the rest of these specs are rather mediocre as well. We will keep an eye out for any details which could corroborate or refute this intel.

Source: PhoneArena

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Wow, would that be a first for a phone to have a choice of 2 different cameras? That would be bizarre, because I bet the only difference is the megapixels.

As for the stripe...turrible. Looks like what you might expect a quality control inspector to reject with a red marker.

combatmedic870

Reaction score
So this is my beef if these specs are true.

Why no gorilla glass 3?
Why no snapdragon 600 vs the S4 pro? I know the same cpu and same gpu, but its not intergrated.(i think thats the difference)
Why no Super AMOLED HD display?

God, Im a Motorola hater....

Rhino94

Reaction score
So this is my beef if these specs are true.

Why no gorilla glass 3?
Why no snapdragon 600 vs the S4 pro? I know the same cpu and same gpu, but its not intergrated.(i think thats the difference)
Why no Super AMOLED HD display?

God, Im a Motorola hater....

I agree I don't think with google overseeing this that they would allow some of these specs. I think these specs are too much rumor. I'm gonna wait til they announce the actual spec before I judge.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I think the specs are very much in line with the Nexus 7 tablet philosophy. The hardware is getting so far ahead of the software at this point that there's not a lot of real-world difference in mid vs. top tier specs.

I expect a great performing device at a reasonable price.