[Rumor] Verizon Could Actually Be Getting a Version of the HTC M7 After-all

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
HTC-Releases-A-Teaser-For-Something-New.jpeg

From the moment the HTC M7 was leaked, industry speculation suggested it would likely not be coming to Verizon because it could interfere with sales of the fairly comparable HTC Droid DNA. A new rumor today suggests that speculation could be false. Supposedly, a version of the HTC M7 will be launched by Verizon, but it will actually be launched as a version of the Droid DNA. This DNA variant currently has the codename of DLXPLUS. Additionally, the source of this intel even has a spec-list of the new phone:
  • 4.7-inch full HD 1080p
  • 1.7GHz quad-core CPU
  • 13-megapixel camera
  • A microSD slot (this differs from the original DROID DNA)
  • 2GB of RAM
  • 16GB of internal storage
  • Sense 5.0
  • LTE connectivity
  • Android 4.1.2
Sadly, the intel did not include a battery size which has been HTC's weakness since... forever. If this device had a 2500 mAh battery or better, would it intrigue you?

Update: This is only marginally related to this story, but it makes more sense than posting a separate thread. HTC just posted a new teaser pic for the M7. We have updated the pic of this story with it.

Source: BGR

Last edited:

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
well I'm still for removable batteries while they exist so to answer ur question... no

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

hotice

Reaction score
Yes! I'm fine with a non-removable battery as long as it's a great one. Hopefully they don't do something stupid like put glass on the back or remove the notification LED.

Actually, they're wasting a 1080p display at that size. There's just no value and it will cost performance and battery life to have the higher resolution. With no visual value that's a waste. I'd rather have better frame rates and battery life. I think 5" is almost too small for it. I wish companies would just go with a good non-pentile 720p LCD instead of 1080p. Wait a minute...htc had that!!!!

Wouldn't it be great if HTC would surprised everyone and throw a 4000mAh battery in this thing!!! I'll bet it would sell:) It's so nice having great battery life in a powerful smartphone!!!!

bluefire7002

Reaction score
Yes! I'm fine with a non-removable battery as long as it's a great one. Hopefully they don't do something stupid like put glass on the back or remove the notification LED.

Actually, they're wasting a 1080p display at that size. There's just no value and it will cost performance and battery life to have the higher resolution. With no visual value that's a waste. I'd rather have better frame rates and battery life. I think 5" is almost too small for it. I wish companies would just go with a good non-pentile 720p LCD instead of 1080p. Wait a minute...htc had that!!!!

Wouldn't it be great if HTC would surprised everyone and throw a 4000mAh battery in this thing!!! I'll bet it would sell:) It's so nice having great battery life in a powerful smartphone!!!!

Yup, totally agree.. It sucks when I go out with my cousin and He has not charged his Note 2 all day and still has over 60% while Im struggling keeping my phone alive (Galaxy Nexus) for another 2 hours lol.