Physical Keyboard question

altacool

Reaction score
I actually like using the physical keyboard versus using the virtual one, but I find myself using the virtual keyboard more often for one simple reason:

(For Texting) As I'm typing a word, it tries to predict the word I'm typing, or will give me a suggested word for what I've typed if I have a typo in it. When I use the physical keyboard this option is not available.

I've looked in the settings to see if the feature was turned off for the physical keyboard, but did not find anything. Any help would be appreciated.

zegolf

Reaction score
I actually like using the physical keyboard versus using the virtual one, but I find myself using the virtual keyboard more often for one simple reason:

(For Texting) As I'm typing a word, it tries to predict the word I'm typing, or will give me a suggested word for what I've typed if I have a typo in it. When I use the physical keyboard this option is not available.

I've looked in the settings to see if the feature was turned off for the physical keyboard, but did not find anything. Any help would be appreciated.

If you want it THAT badly, take a look here:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/3784-you-want-predictive-text-wth-physical-keyboard-here-how-you-do-you-welcome.html

Also, that link is a trackback link, so the "you're welcome" thing is included in the link. Didn't want anyone thinking I was pretentious.

OP
A

altacool

Reaction score
Thanks zegolf. I had no idea a hack would be needed to do this, I thought it was just some feature that was turned off. But i'll try it out and see if I like it.

zegolf

Reaction score
If it works out, make sure to report back. My guess is, it'll get patched in eventually, as it's probably in high demand.

OP
A

altacool

Reaction score
Tried it out and it works just fine on my droid. Seeing as how it's a different application, you just have to get used to the different virtual keyboard display (pixelated now, but I'm sure that will be fixed eventually). But the predictive text works for the physical keyboard.

All that being said, I don't want it THAT bad. I like the look of the droid virtual keyboard and I'll use it along with my physical keyboard. I'll just wait and see if it is ever made a permanent fix. If not, I won't worry too much about it. Thanks again zegolf, I'll make sure to post on the original thread.