photobucket app

ZombieTurf

Reaction score
so even though I hardly ever use my photobucket account anymore, I saw that there was a free app so I figured why not. at least that way I have easy access to all my old pictures.

I also downloaded the Vignette app. now it seems that whenever I take a picture using vignette, each picture automatically gets uploaded to my photobucket account. it's not a totally big deal but I could see it becoming one.

does anyone else have both of these apps and experience this same problem? solution?

oops nevermind. simple solution. should have just looked at the photobucket app's settings. for some reason they had auto-upload selected as default.

Last edited:

lylez

Reaction score
I just bought a new Samsung Galaxy S3, and I installed Photobucket. Tonight, I copied a ton of photos from my PC to my new phone. To my utter horror, I discovered that all of these photos were being automatically uploaded to Photobucket!! I never approved of this. There was no confirmation box, and there was no way to stop it! I pressed on one of the many "queued for upload" photo entries, and there was no way to put a stop to this. I killed the Photobucket application, and then, in an effort to verify that the uploading had stopped, I launched it, and sure enough, the automatic uploading either was still occurring, or had been resumed. I had to uninstall the app in order to stop the automatic uploading. With my new 4g service, all of this occurred very quickly, when I wasn't even suspecting it.

During all this, to their credit, Verizon sent me two text messages alerting me to the rapidly increasing total uploaded bytes, but I ended up uploading about a gigabyte of information before I discovered it, and successfully put a stop to it. I work as a computer programmer, so I am (or at least thought I was) a little more technically inclined than the average person. But imagine what could happen to an elderly person who didn't know what to do in a situation like this, someone on a fixed in come. They could end up paying an extra $100 if they had enough photos, and with digital cameras churning out multi-megabyte images these days, that's a very realistic scenario.

Photobucket, what in the hell are you people thinking?? In a world of confirmation dialog boxes, you guys just usurped my authority, and proceeded to upload tons of my photos (some of which could have been personal and confidential!!!) without my permission. SHAME ON YOU!!!!!!!!!