Phone will not notify me of Gmail until I wake phone up! Wth! Help!

Mondingo

Reaction score
Phone will not notify me of Gmail until I wake phone up! And no voicemail led! Help!

Does anyone know why my REZOUND will not notify me of Gmail notifications until I wake the phone up? For my messaging app I use handcent sms. I have that set for default messaging app. I had to go into the stock app and shut off notifications there so I would not get duplicate notifications. So I receive text messages fine while the phone is asleep. But for some reason there is not a section for gmail to leave notification on. I do have my phone to check my gmail every 15 minutes. I get a lot. It just seems funny that they never come through until I wake the phone up every time. And then the notification led starts blinking. What good is that? I even had my brother send me an email right in front of me. Waited 20 minutes and got no sound or notification while the phone is in sleep mode. I woke the phone up, and within seconds I got the email. Ps.. I also found out that it will not notify me of New voice mails either. I don't get it. Anybody else experiencing this? Thanks for the help...and what do I do?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Last edited:

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Sounds like your data is sleeping. Might be something up with your phone or possibly a setting you changed. Are you using a toned down power scheme? Do you toggle 4G? My gmail notifies me and I didn't change anything other than the ringtone...

OP
M

Mondingo

Reaction score
This is my second rezound. My first 1 had a loudspeaker that went out.The funny thing is my first time did the same thing. Could turning off notifications Under the stock messing app have an effect on receiving gmail notifications? What can I check to see if my phone is sleeping or losing data when in sleep mode? I can't see this being my second Rezound to have the same issue ad my first. Thanks for the help.

Bad ass REZOUND!

OP
M

Mondingo

Reaction score
Sounds like your data is sleeping. Might be something up with your phone or possibly a setting you changed. Are you using a toned down power scheme? Do you toggle 4G? My gmail notifies me and I didn't change anything other than the ringtone...

Funny thing is too, when my phone is awake and I receive a gmail notification, there is no sound but the led light blinks . I also get the email symbol in the notification bar. But no sound.

Bad ass REZOUND!

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well, the obvious things are:

1. Settings/Battery & Data Manager/Data Saver and make sure it isn't checked or if it is that email is not checked.

2. Settings/Battery & Data Manager/Data Delivery and make sure Background Data is checked.

3. Settings/Accounts/ and then tap your gmail account and make sure sync gmail is checked.

If all those things are correct, then Settings/Applications/Manage Applications/All/Gmail/Clear Data. It will take the Gmail app a minute or so to reset and then your app should be working fine.

Good luck.

OP
M

Mondingo

Reaction score
Well, the obvious things are:

1. Settings/Battery & Data Manager/Data Saver and make sure it isn't checked or if it is that email is not checked.

2. Settings/Battery & Data Manager/Data Delivery and make sure Background Data is checked.

3. Settings/Accounts/ and then tap your gmail account and make sure sync gmail is checked.

If all those things are correct, then Settings/Applications/Manage Applications/All/Gmail/Clear Data. It will take the Gmail app a minute or so to reset and then your app should be working fine.

Good luck.

On the Rezound it had a section for battery.. I checked it. It only had sleep mode. It was set to automatic. So I put it on manual. Not sure if this Is it. I have no section for data delivery. My Bionic did

Bad ass REZOUND!

OP
M

Mondingo

Reaction score
Even on this site I have notifications turned on. And I never receive them.. Until I check back on the site. My Bionic would notify me whenever someone posted on my thread .

Bad ass REZOUND!

bvjens31

Reaction score
Settings > Accounts & Sync > Auto-Sync

I was having the exact same issue until I ticked the above setting.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums