Gmail notifications

marioval

Reaction score
I want to use the gmail app for my mail, not the regular mail app. Everytime I get an email I get 2 notifications in the notification bar so I have to open the message in both apps to make the notifications go away.

I went into the regular mail app and disabled notifications and set the recieve schedule to manual. Now I dont get any notifications.

In the gmail app notifications are enabled but it seems that disabling notifications in the mail app has also disabled them in the gmail app.

How I can completely take the mail app out of the picture and just recieve mail in the gmail app and have only notifications in the gmail app and have those notifications go away when I open the messege only in the gmail app? Thanks

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
If it's the only mail account you have in the mail app, go under settings -> applications Find the "Email" app and clear data. That will remove everything from the email app. You should be left with your GMail only.

OP
M

marioval

Reaction score
Nope, "clear data" is greyed out for the mail app.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Then you need to go in and remove the email account. Open the mail app, click the menu button then accounts, I think you can long press the account and select delete.

OP
M

marioval

Reaction score
Hmmm, no way to remove the account either that I can see either in the settings or by long clicking??

WallyIAm

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Settings...accounts & sync? Does the email account show up there?

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk 2

andeejo

Reaction score
When I go into the regular mail app and hit the menu button then hit more to get to settings, the very last option in settings is to delete account. Like wally says you could always uncheck the sync options in g mail.

OP
M

marioval

Reaction score
I need to get my eyes checked LOL. I see the last option to delete. I'm all set now. Thanks.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Papaw314

Reaction score
I'm not receiving notifications (status bar nor ringtone) for new Gmail. Where can I go to check these settings? I've looked at Gmail settings and phone settings and they appear correct.

Trash Can

Reaction score
I'm not receiving notifications (status bar nor ringtone) for new Gmail. Where can I go to check these settings? I've looked at Gmail settings and phone settings and they appear correct.

Gmail app>menu>settings>your gmail acct>email notifications

If they are correct, try rebooting your phone.

Papaw314

Reaction score
Thanks a lot. The settings were correct. I rebooted and immediately received an email with all the proper notifications. Would have sworn I rebooted before asking for help but maybe not. Thanks again for your fast answer!