phone was rooted till 4.5 update

terrymdw

Reaction score
I rooted my phone w/ doroot a couple weeks ago. i am really new to this. after the update no more rooted apps worked. i tried to z4 root did not work. how do i get my phone rooted again? i am really new so give it to me as simple as u can. Any help would be great! thanks

OP
T

terrymdw

Reaction score
thanks for the info above. i dl the program i ran it and it tells me i now have root access but when i try to use a root app it tells me i am not rooted ? Any ideas ? also this a droid 2 system version 4.5.601 android 2.3.3 not sure if any of this matters. thanks again

OP
T

terrymdw

Reaction score
ok well i am still have no luck getting my phone rooted. i used the MotorolaOneClickRoot_psouza4.zip it tells me that my phone is rooted but i still have not root
access. so i did a factor reset. then i reran everything still no luck.i used the motorlaoneclickroot the box pops up and find my phone reboots its 3 times and says i am rooted. I tried using the adb file that came w/ it but the box pops up and then it closes. i am useing windows 7. can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong? please help!

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Do you have a Superuser icon in your app drawer?

OP
T

terrymdw

Reaction score
it did not install a superuser like it did when i used doroot. so i went to app store and dl one. i also dl busybox.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
it did not install a superuser like it did when i used doroot. so i went to app store and dl one. i also dl busybox.

Is USB debugging enabled? Have you tried a factory reset, followed by attempting root again using the D3 root method?

OP
T

terrymdw

Reaction score
yes i did a factor reset this moring and then tried to reroot. it says it rooted the phone but none of the root apps work.usb debug is enable

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
yes i did a factor reset this moring and then tried to reroot. it says it rooted the phone but none of the root apps work.usb debug is enable

The last method you can try, short of SBF'ing, is typing the following code in Terminal Emulator.

Code:
Make sure you get the # symbol (you should if you already partially rooted)
rm /system/bin/su
rm /system/xbin/su

At this point, you can try to rooting again using the D3 root method.

[ROOT] Droid 3 root instructions (One Click added for Windows/ Linux/ OSX)

OP
T

terrymdw

Reaction score
ok u r talking little over my head..... what is sbfing? Terminal Emulator? sorry i really new to this. so if u can break it down in to noob terms please.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
ok u r talking little over my head..... what is sbfing? Terminal Emulator? sorry i really new to this. so if u can break it down in to noob terms please.

You can download Terminal Emulator in the Market. SBF'ing is a process to take your phone completely back to stock.

OP
T

terrymdw

Reaction score
ok dl that app then run it and inter the code lines in the post u sent me ?

OP
T

terrymdw

Reaction score
well i just ran doroot on my droid2 again to see if it would work and it did. thanks to everyone that has posted on here trying to help me out. i am now rooted againA :) thanks

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It's good to see you got it up and running. Enjoy!