Phone vibrates every time I bump the volume switch

pattib

Reaction score
I have a Droid 2 Global with whatever stock ROM Verizon sent out with their last OTA update.

I often have the ringer turned off and the phone to set to vibrate. Unfortunately, it seems like every time I'm using the phone and I bump the volume button the phone vibrates to let me know that it's in vibrate mode. If I bump it several times in a row, it vibrates several times. (Umm, thanks phone.) This is really annoying if I'm trying to use my phone quietly, such as when I'm in a meeting.

Is there a way to make this stop happening?

(I apologize if this has been answered elsewhere, but I couldn't find a search incantation that would give me an answer.)

albinoman

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
You can't change that. Its the phone telling you that its on vibrate.

Barristro

Reaction score
On my phone at least, turning the volume all the way down will put it into vibrate mode, and it will vibrate to let you know. If you press the up button, it will enter ring mode and give progressively louder beeps. In addition, it only does this when I am not doing something else with the phone. If I am using media or on a call, the buttons work to control that aspect (and vibrate is not an option for those modes).

OP
P

pattib

Reaction score
Right. What I'd like to avoid is having it vibrate again when the volume is already all the way down.